The Associate Data Analytics Director will work closely with clients, strategists, data scientists and engineers to turn campaigns, content strategies, and site designs into well-defined measurement programs that produce relevant and reliable data, empower informed decision-making and enable iterative cycles of testing, learning and optimization. In addition to understanding the fundamentals of digital advertising, social media and website tagging, the Associate Data Analytics Director is also proficient strategic thinkers---proposing innovative ways to transform data from our products and campaigns into meaningful insights that hold us accountable, validate effectiveness, optimize performance and uncover opportunities for our clients brands and businesses. Data Analysts are a central part of the strategic planning group at Code and Theory. Analysts are our eyes and ears - transforming data from our products and campaigns into meaningful insights that hold us accountable, validate effectiveness, and provides recommendations to optimize our clients brands and businesses. This is a hands-on strategic position working across a mixture of project types across the three areas of specialty within the Analytics team: Audience Intelligence, Product Intelligence, and Data Architecture. The common thread across these projects will be your strategic analysis of systems where content, users and data interact.
- Incorporate your analysis and recommendations into the feedback loop of design and content creation
- Distill data into useful insights and ad hoc analyses to inform brand and product strategy
- Present your findings to internal collaborators and client teams
- Design and execute feasible and efficient reporting workflows that produce relevant and reliable data, empower informed decision-making and enable iterative cycles of testing, learning and optimization
- Conduct social listening and audience cluster analysis
- Lead content migration and tagging implementation projects
- Set up and run A/B Tests
- Proactively prioritize tasks, identify project issues, and solve problems with the rest of the data team
- Coach and support junior team members to develop their skills and facilitate career growth
- Research our clients and competitors to figure out what they are doing well, what they could be doing better and incorporate your analysis and recommendations into the feedback loop of strategy, design and content creation.
- 4+ years experience in related role with major website, digital agency, or retail organization
- An open, analytical, strategic and problem-solving mindset
- Demonstrated ability to clean, wrangle, analyze and visualize data sets large and small into streamlined, actionable reports
- Demonstrated ability to distill data into strategic recommendations
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to clearly articulate and present data and initiatives to creative and technical teams alike
- Experience with digital analytics suites like: Adobe Analytics (Omniture), WebTrends, IBM Digital Analytics, Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Heap, KissMetrics, Chartbeat
- Experience with tag management solutions like: Google Tag Manager, Adobe Dynamic Tag Management, Tealium, Keen Io, Segment
- Experience with testing and personalization frameworks like: Adobe Target, Optimizely, Google Content Experiments, RichRelevance, Maxymiser, SiteSpect, Qubit
- Experience with Business Intelligence and visualization suites such as Looker, Mode, Chartio, Tableau, Qlik, Periscope, or Cognos
- Understanding of SQL and relational data warehousing concepts
- Flexibility to adapt to new/unfamiliar tools, data and problems
- Smart, curious, friendly, digitally savvy and down-to-earth
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manilla, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have recently rolled out new Voluntary Benefits including Accident Insurance and Short Term disability that you can choose to elect upon hire. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jar and exceptional la Colombe coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.