The Associate Creative Director (Design) will lead the creative process and design direction across all project touchpoints. Working closely with creative strategists, you will invent and craft the visual brand experience through content and imagery. Your strong design sensibility, client interaction skills, organization and ability to encourage, coach and mentor junior designers make you an excellent match for this role at Code and theory. You will also design, produce and deliver a variety of brand and product experiences that will live primarily in the digital space for clients that ranging from retail, lifestyle, especially in the athletics space, technology and publishing/media.
Your day-to-day at Code and Theory will involve the following:
- Identify creative opportunities and tackle problems that benefit the client brand, while optimizing the opportunity to evolve and challenge the brand to elevate the creative look and feel.
- Concept and execute on integrated branded campaigns across connected platforms, working with creatives, developers and production designers to ensure that creative integrity is maintained throughout the production process.
- Participate in, and lead client presentations, sessions and follow-up meetings
- Partner closely with the account and strategy teams to review the project brief, requirements and client expectations, shepherding the assigned creative team through brainstorming, concepting and design development.
- Multi-task among several workstreams and / or projects, including taking part in pitching and winning new work
- Definite understanding of team management and project resourcing
- Experience concepting and hands-on designing for digital / integrated campaigns in the athletic/performance space
- Can calmly and capably manage project timelines, multi-task and work collaboratively within tight deadlines
- Deliver a range of technical and innovative creative solutions spanning digital, social and physical platforms, including product development, photo shoots, and digital retail environments
- Fluent in Adobe Design Suite, as well as emerging technologies, including AR/VR
- Excellent attention to detail while working across multiple projects in a fast-paced, ambitious environment
- 6+ years of digital creative experience, preferably in a digital agency, ideally working on fashion, lifestyle or technology brands
- Clear communicator, who can present and work capably across teams with varied strengths and experience levels
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manila, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have recently rolled out new Voluntary Benefits including Accident Insurance and Short Term disability that you can choose to elect upon hire. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jar and exceptional la Colombe coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.