Our Junior Creative Strategist collaborates very closely with our design and technology departments to ensure creative solutions we produce address a client's business, brand, and user goals. Even more important than developing the appropriate creative solutions for our clients is doing so in a way that is implementable given organizational, technology, and timeline constraints. Creative Strategists are ultimately responsible for bringing new ideas to life: by guiding creative concepts from inception through to detailed design, development, and final implementation, and for articulating a clear path of action to communicate our plan for making creative ideas a reality. The Junior Creative Strategist is a well-rounded individual, capable of being both strategic thought leader and detail-oriented taskmaster. Responsible for a broad range of activities throughout the duration of a given client engagement, this role must be flexible and passionate about doing whatever it takes to make our creative ideas a reality from developing research plans to communicating a monetization strategy to helping shape key client presentations. As a Junior Creative Strategist, you'll report to a Senior Creative Strategist, or to the Director of Creative Strategy, as appropriate. Typically Junior Creative Strategist at Code and Theory are involved in the following activities:
- Collaborating closely with UX, design, and technology teams in order to ensure appropriate implementation of strategy across all disciplines
- Conducting targeted research into brand, competitive, or business whitespace through review of secondary and primary sources
- Working with UX team to develop primary research plans, conducting research, and analyzing results
- Gathering product requirements and collaborating closely with UX in describing those requirements to the design team
- Acting as strategic lead in project brainstorms and designing reviews to ensure consistent implementation of strategy across project disciplines
- Supporting Senior Creative Strategists or Director of Creative Strategy in creation of key client deliverables
- Assisting with business development opportunities as required
- 2+ years experience in a Digital Strategy role, or 4+ years experience in a Digital Agency environment with proven strategic record
- Familiarity with product development processes and best practices
- Strong communication skills, whether in writing, presentation, or speaking Ability to think analytically and synthesize large amounts of information to quickly and efficiently identify what is salient and what is non-essential
- Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
- Flexible skill set and personality are absolutely imperative; this role is unpredictable and must be able to contribute across a wide range of activities
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manilla, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have recently rolled out new Voluntary Benefits including Accident Insurance and Short Term disability that you can choose to elect upon hire. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jar and exceptional la Colombe coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.