Our Visual Designers produce beautiful, compelling work. These are creative people whose excitement for digital thinking is apparent in everything they do. They are thinkers and creators who consider the function of their products equal to aesthetics.
Typically Designers at Code and Theory are involved in the following activities:
- Understanding and extending a visual language for interactive systems that hold up to the development process
- Contributing to the creation of design solutions
- Working closely with creative teams Creating visual designs with strong typography and iconography, as well as strong and unique branding
- Constructing clean and organized creative deliverables that adhere to style guidelines
- Collaborating with interaction designers and others to create compelling and successful products
- Being a team player and a positive addition to our company culture
- BA/BS in Visual Arts, Marketing, Communication or other related discipline
- +2 years interactive design experience
- Some formal design training
- Fast and efficient contributor to project design
- Strong portfolio with engaging diverse designs demonstrating a passion for design
- An understanding of interactive design
- An understanding of interactivity and the Web and the fundamentals of information architecture, hierarchy, and layout
- Motivated and organized. Dedicated and accountable.
- Careful attention to detail
- An eagerness to collaborate across disciplines with team members at all levels
- The ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team
- Able to effectively communicate and coordinate with other disciplines to ensure the visual design is communicating the desired message.
- A solid working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and familiarity After Effects (or another animation platform in order to quickly animate designs)
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manila, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have voluntary benefits including long-term and short-term disability and life insurance, that you can choose to elect upon hire. Code and Theory has a newly improved flexible vacation policy that does not put a defined limit on the amount of paid time off an employee takes in a year as long as they are responsible and accountable to their work. This policy is based on mutual trust between Code and Theory and our employees. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, stocked candy jar and exceptional Stumptown coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.