Code and Theory prides itself in delivering digital solutions for its clients that dramatically increase their efficacy and deliver critical business improvements.
To continue doing so, we are exploring the following areas:
- AI-enhanced PPC advertising- Highly personalized website experience and better CRO- AI-powered content creation- Service-oriented chatbots- Intelligent email content curation- Churn prediction and smart customer engagement- AI-powered customer insights- Automated image recognition
To help us with these initiatives, we are looking for a Machine Learning/Data Science Lead/Senior Engineer.
The ideal candidate will possess technical analytics expertise, take a collaborative approach, have excellent communication skills, execute a practical approach as well as have a high attention to detail and work quality. They should have the ability to communicate Data Science concepts to a business audience. The candidate must be an expert in all aspects of modern Machine Learning and well founded with traditional statistics and analytics. They must be able to communicate the business value and have the technical expertise to build and validate models. They will need to be able to perform hands on with teams inside and outside of Code and Theory. They will keep up with current trends on: apply Machine Learning, Automated Machine Learning, Hosted Machine learning API(s) and platforms. They should have experience working with large data sets and cloud computing.
- Define, develop and prototype cognitive solutions such as Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Linguistics, Information Retrieval, Image Recognition, Deep Learning
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the domain of Machine Learning and NLP and help establish a competency in those cognitive areas
- Work closely with functional teams to incorporate cognitive and advanced analytics models and algorithms into product, solutions and offerings
- Possibility to work in client engagements as Machine Learning SME
- Will serve as Thought Leader in Machine Learning and NLP, developing internal and external eminence and intellectual property, as well as support client facing activities and influencing customer facing groups including senior executives, sales, as well as marketing and product development to successfully define, develop and launch new products and solutions
- Model and algorithm development and optimization, working with software engineers to implement and productize the models and algorithms, engage in project specific activities as part of product development, as well as perform Machine Learning R&D work, develop tools and assets to support advanced Machine Learning development tasks
Basic Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of eight years’ experience of professional post academic work or 5 years’ experience with a Ph.D. or MS in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other quantitative discipline with specialization
- Experience in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Cognitive Science or other related areas
- Strong mathematical background with strong knowledge in at least one of the following fields: Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Information Retrieval, Image Recognition
- Experience with languages such as: Python, R, SQL, and Java
- Experience with frameworks and libraries such as: Pytorch, Keras, TensorFlow, scikit-learn, xgboost, pandas, Spark, matplotlib, D3, pytest, flask, Docker etc.
- Experience with Google and Amazon Machine Learning and Cloud tools
- Experience working with both relational and NoSQL databases
- Gathering data from both large information systems
- Ability to travel 20% of the time
Additional Preferred Skills
- Preferred Graduate degree (Masters or PhD) in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other quantitative discipline.
- Experience leading teams both on and offshore
- Experience leading project teams and people as well as executing independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with diverse teams
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manila, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have recently rolled out new Voluntary Benefits including Accident Insurance and Short Term disability that you can choose to elect upon hire. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jar and exceptional la Colombe coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.