Associate Technical Directors are required to have strong technical and management skills, including the ability to understand and document client requirements, then design and build large, scalable software platforms from the ground up, while leading a team of 3-5 other engineers. The ideal candidate will have launched several successful, high-visibility projects as a full stack developer and/or architect and have served as a team lead and mentor. Associate Technical Directors will need to be able and willing to get their hands dirty and write code. The ability to communicate effectively with engineers, project managers, clients, project stakeholders, and direct reports is essential.
- You have experience leading development teams, you know SCRUM and know how to run code reviews
- You have extensive experience in back-end technologies, specifically PHP and you are willing and able to get your hands dirty and code.
- You can look at wireframes or designs and breakdown tasks and create timelines and project backlogs
- You can architect highly scalable and maintainable web applications, and recommend hosting configurations
- You are comfortable working with multiple 3rd party vendors for integration and support
- You have advanced GIT skills or can at least manage branches in SVN
- You have worked with the Facebook platform and other popular web service APIs
- You're passionate about learning more, and are excited to collaborate with other team members across UX, Visual Design and Engineering
- You're used to participating in the requirements-gathering process for new projects
- You can debug legacy code and other application configuration issues and do so with gusto
- You'll actively participate in the evolution of our technologies and technology practices, occasionally pitch new technologies that you believe in, and participate in workshops to learn new skills
- Experience with Drupal is a must, Wordpress, Pyro and other open source content management platforms
- B.S/M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with very high traffic sites, on the order of a million users per day
- Mobile development - Titanium, PhoneGap, Objective-C, JavaE-commerce Magento, Demandware are a plus
- Previous participation in TDD and BDD
- Experience with ads and analytics: AdSense, DoubleClick, Omniture, Google Analytics
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manila, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have recently rolled out new Voluntary Benefits including Accident Insurance and Short Term disability that you can choose to elect upon hire. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jar and exceptional la Colombe coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status