Senior Creative Technologists at Code and Theory are hands-on lead developers. They will function as a key member of the Development team responsible for creating, iterating, presenting, and delivering exceptional design solutions that exceed client expectations.
Typically, senior creative technologists at Code and Theory are involved in the following activities:
- Sound and responsible design counseling and planning
- Conceptual visual / prototype creation of ideas spanning all areas of integrated communication, branding and digital programs
- Proper and innovative execution of work in all areas on schedule
- Deliver a consistently superior creative product
- A collaborative approach to the user-centered design process
- Innovative solutions and experiences
- Sound code
- Creative Software Frameworks - OpenFrameworks, Cinder, Processing, GLSL, OpenGL, VVVV, Max/MSP, PD
- Physical Computing and Sensor Hardware - Arduino, Raspberry PI, Soldering, Servos, Photoresistors, Potentiometers, Gyroscopes, Accelerometers
- Bachelor's Degree of Media Arts, Interaction Design, Computer Sciences or equivalent education and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years experience designing interactive web and mobile applications
- Proven ability in implementing Canvas and CSS3 based animations, transitions, and behaviors
- Proven ability in implementing advanced animation techniques using Greensock or equivalent
- Proven experience with mobile application prototyping (through Phonegap, Cordova, or directly through Objective-C/Swift/Java/Kotlin)
- Proven experience with digital/physical interactions and physical prototyping
- Proven experience with touchscreen, cross-browser compatibility, fluid layouts and adaptive layouts
- Fluency in the principles of user-centered design methods, information architecture, usability, and interface and interaction design
- A strong knowledge of the various software options used in the field for rapid prototyping
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills demonstrated through a comfortability in presenting work and actively gathering feedback, both internally and with clients
- An enthusiasm for keeping up to date on current topics in the field to inspire and inform client work and organizational culture
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking capabilities
- Interest in and aptitude for creative business and marketing solutions
- Self motivated and willing to expand knowledge
- Ability to self-manage
- Capability to work on simultaneous projects and meet tight deadlines.
- 3D + VR/AR - Understanding of 3D systems can be applied to VR/AR as well as 3D modeling and prototyping.
- Display Technology - This encompasses LEDs (WS2811 and HUB-75) as well as TVs. Understanding the strengths and pitfalls of each type of display and how content looks on each one.
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manilla, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have recently rolled out new Voluntary Benefits including Accident Insurance and Short Term disability that you can choose to elect upon hire. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jar and exceptional la Colombe coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.