As our Product Designer, you’ll strive to set the bar for product design in the digital industry on everything from full responsive website rebuilds to interface design to in-vehicle technology. They are able to move from one project to the next with ease and have confidence in their skills and their perspective. Their experience with large-scale projects in ecommerce, responsive design, systems design, and other product related mediums make them able to contribute ideas and execute the ideas of others quickly and competently.
Designers at Code and Theory are involved in the following activities:
- Designing surprising and interesting interactive systems that hold up to the development process
- Contributing to the creation of design solutions that meet or exceed strategic objectives
- Working closely with creative leadership
- Creating visual designs with strong typography and iconography, as well as strong and unique branded products
- Designing user experience storyboards, interactive page layouts, and site grids
- Constructing clean and organized creative deliverables that adhere to style guidelines
- Effectively participating in brainstorms and other idea-generating team sessions
- Maintaining high quality of creative and presentation deliverables
- Collaborating with interaction designers and others to create the most compelling and successful products possible
- Guiding junior and mid level designers to help them successfully execute their duties and to grow into world-class designers
- Being a team player and a positive addition to our company culture
- Bachelor degree is required
- 4+ years design and interactive work experience
- Fast and efficient contributor to project design
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a passion for design and skill in interactive design
- A strong background in creative problem solving, strategic brainstorming, and creative execution
- A strong understanding of interactive design
- A strong understanding of interactivity and the Web and the fundamentals of information architecture, hierarchy, and layout
- Expert knowledge and understanding of how to create responsive design systems.
- Some understanding of motion design
- Motivated and organized
- Dedicated and accountable
- Ability to think and respond quickly, maintaining attention to detail on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills; an ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
- Solid understanding of a wide range of interactive technologies, best practices, and emerging trends in digital products
- An eagerness to collaborate across disciplines with team members at all levels
- The ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team
- Well-developed communication skills including ability to articulate and present thoughts and creative ideas
- A solid working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, Sketch, Keynote, and familiarity After Effects (or another animation platform in order to quickly animate designs)
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manilla, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. Our beautiful studio is located in the historic Rochelle School in Shoreditch.
Code and Theory London offers competitive private medical and dental benefits along with a pension plan.