Senior Sitecore Developers at Code and Theory are hands-on lead developers. They will work with a team of developers to craft solutions to a wide range of problems. At Code and Theory, Sitecore is primarily used for large, well-known media and publishing clients. A Senior Sitecore Developer will often be expected to participate during the Define and Design phases of a project, to specify the Sitecore features and techniques that will be used to achieve the project vision. They will map visual elements to Sitecore concepts and create prototypes and proofs of concept to validate feasibility early on. This role requires participation in the full product lifecycle, from design to deployment, to post launch phases including editorial and technical training. In many cases this is a client-facing role.
- Minimum of three years hands-on design and in-depth development experience in Microsoft .NET technologies including C#, ASP.NET MVC, Web API, SQL Server, MS Environments (IIS, Azure), MVC5, MS Design Patterns, Entity Framework and LINQ.
- In depth experience with Sitecore CMS (Versions 8 and 9), related plug-ins and third-party integrations. Certification required.
- Solid programming knowledge of MS SQL Server and MongoDB
- Experience with version control systems (GIT)
- Experience creating and consuming web services including REST/JSON
- Familiarity with integration to ERP, CRM, DAM, and other backend systems
- Familiarity with and ability to utilize Sitecore DLLs within an MVC project to manage data within the Sitecore CMS and multiple back-end systems.
- Ability to design and implement complex workflows within Sitecore
- Knowledge in design and development of multi-lingual / multi-region websites
- Experience developing applications in a collaborative team environment with SCRUM (Agile Software Development) preferred.
- Experience creating mobile-first web applications
- Experience with Umbraco, Episerver, Drupal and other CMS platforms.
- Familiarity with e-commerce platforms.
- Experience with security and high volume, scalable environments
- Be experienced with automated unit testing frameworks and techniques
- Mentor and guide more junior .NET team members
- Make technical decisions and advise on approach, tools and technical design
- Be responsible for the quality of the team output through regular code reviews and contribute to the evolution of our development standards, process and ways of working
- Be a guardian of our standards and make sure they are being adhered to
- Develop your skills through in-house training and appropriate training courses
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manila, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have recently rolled out new Voluntary Benefits including Accident Insurance and Short Term disability that you can choose to elect upon hire. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jar and exceptional la Colombe coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.