Join us in making roads safer by making drivers better!
CMT is seeking a Senior Technical Support Engineer to join our Technical Support Team and respond to a variety of queries (both technical and non-technical) from our business customers, end-users, and internal employees. Our team is made up of an inquisitive bunch - we are not system architects, but we can write enough code to put together a report that runs against a database. We're not sysadmins, but we can tell the difference between a 200 and a 400 in an http call. We're not tech writers, but we can write a paragraph of clear explanation that someone non-technical can understand. We understand how the server works better than the app developers do, we understand how the app works better than the server developers do, and we know what lives where in the database. We are troubleshooters and detectives of the insufficiently documented, and We Figure Stuff Out.
- Understand how the different technical components of our platform – mobile software development kit, server processing engine, database, report generation, and web portal – function and interact with one another
- Investigate these technical components to troubleshoot issues/questions
- Read source code and grep server logs
- Query our database and generate reports from it
- Write clear explanations of technical components to a non-technical audience
- Work closely with all other engineering teams to troubleshoot
- Work closely with the product and sales teams to answer technical questions
- Work collaboratively with the other members of the Support team
- Set up and manage data APIs for integration with our customers’ systems
- Set up and manage automated report generation
- 5+ years of experience in a technical support role
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with UNIX/Linux/OSX command line tools and scripts
- Experience with Python or a similar language
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with customers and their end-users and with internal colleagues
- High attention to detail, resourceful, and particularly organized
- Excellent decision-making, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work in a quickly changing environment
- Inquisitive and interested in learning new technologies
About Cambridge Mobile Telematics
At Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT), our mission is to make the world’s roads safer. We are the global market leader in mobile telematics with customers in over 20 countries serving millions of drivers. Our team uses mobile sensing and IoT devices, machine learning, applied statistics, and behavioral science to solve real-world problems to produce clear and actionable insights for drivers, insurers, and fleets. Founded in 2010 from an MIT research project, we still maintain a startup culture – often experimenting and nimbly adjusting to the needs of our customers and the market. We are well-financed thanks to customer revenues and a $500M investment from the SoftBank Vision Fund. Please visit www.cmtelematics.com
for more information and follow @cmtelematics on Twitter.