At Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT, cmtelematics.com
), our mission is to make roads safer by making drivers better. We are the market leader in the field of smartphone telematics with customers in over 20 countries and a staff of over 15 PhDs and 30 engineers/data scientists. We pioneered the application of smartphone sensing data and big data analytics to measuring and changing driver behavior for auto insurance companies, governments, and other partners in the connected car industry. CMT was founded by two MIT Electrical Engineering and Computer Science professors in 2010 but we are still small and maintain a startup culture – often experimenting and nimbly adjusting to the needs of our customers and the market.
CMT is seeking a Product Manager to be the evangelist for one or more of our DriveWell products. You will manage the design, prioritization, and roadmap for the product(s). You will work closely with external customers and partners, as well as internal sales, marketing, program management, and customer success teams to identify business needs and use cases, and define new features/functionality that address them. Also, you will collaborate closely with our data science and engineering teams regarding the feature specifications and their development, testing and release. Finally, as the product expert, you will team up with our marketing department to promote your product(s) in the market, as well as support customers/partners with product implementations and go-to-market strategies as part of their safe driving programs.
- Own and maintain a comprehensive product roadmap, including long-term vision, goals, and prioritization
- Collect and maintain a deep understanding of your product(s)’s use cases, synthesized from customer and prospect interviews, market data analysis, and user feedback
- Write detailed requirements for features for your product based on well-defined use cases and in some cases, create initial wireframes to illustrate them
- Create JIRA issues/tasks for communicating your requirements to the engineering team and participate in sprint planning and scrum meetings
- Define metrics for determining success for new features, track these metrics, and adjust the roadmap based on them
- Be the primary lead for supporting a couple of customer implementations of safe driving programs with your product and CMT’s broader technology
- 3-5 years of experience as a product manager, or related role, in the software industry
- Ability and desire to be an evangelist for your product(s) both internally and externally
- Be comfortable with full-stack technologies (mobile, Web, IoT, data and cloud)
- Desire to be a team player and work in a collaborative environment
- Experience with mobile app and cloud development
- Analytical or technical background
Cambridge Mobile Telematics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cambridge Mobile Telematics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.