Join us in making roads safer by making drivers better!
CMT is looking for an outstanding Embedded Systems Engineer to join the IoT group. As an Embedded Systems Engineer for CMT, you will be working on developing firmware and system software running on our IoT devices.
- Write correct, well designed, testable, efficient code using best software development practice
- Develop initial implementations of compatible Mobile and server side software
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Provide feedback to facilitate the hardware design process
- Collaborate closely with other group members
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Proven working experience in software development.
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of C, and fluency with at least one of Python, Java or C++; two or more such languages is preferred.
- Proficient in good software design techniques including Object-Oriented Programming
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment and learn rapidly.
Other desired skills:
- Working knowledge of relational database systems.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Proficiency in debugging in an embedded system environment (use of test equipment and embedded debugging methods)
About Cambridge Mobile Telematics
At Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT), our mission is to make the world’s roads safer. We are the global market leader in mobile telematics with customers in over 20 countries serving millions of drivers. Our team uses mobile sensing and IoT devices, machine learning, applied statistics, and behavioral science to solve real-world problems to produce clear and actionable insights for drivers, insurers, and fleets. Founded in 2010 from an MIT research project, we still maintain a startup culture – often experimenting and nimbly adjusting to the needs of our customers and the market. We are well-financed thanks to customer revenues and a $500M investment from the SoftBank Vision Fund. Please visit www.cmtelematics.com
for more information and follow @cmtelematics on Twitter.