At Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) ( www.cmtelematics.com
), our mission is to make roads safer by making drivers better. We do this by developing innovative software and hardware products that measure driver safety and provide insightful feedback about how drivers can do better. We couple this with leaderboards, competitions, rewards, and other incentives to incite behavior change. Our products are in use by millions of drivers, with proven results: users of our software show reductions of 40% or more in risky behaviors like phone use while driving, and our safest and most engaged users are many times less likely to have an accident than the average driver.
CMT is looking for an outstanding Embedded Systems Engineer to join the IoT team; you will be working on developing firmware and system software running on our IoT devices; providing feedback to facilitate the hardware design process; developing initial implementations of compatible Mobile and server side software.
- Write correct, well designed, testable, efficient code using best software development practices
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Collaborate closely with other team members.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Proven working experience in software development.
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of C, and fluency with at least one of Python, Java or C++; two or more such languages is preferred.
- Proficient in good software design techniques including Object-Oriented Programming
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment and learn rapidly.
Other desired skills
- Working knowledge of relational database systems.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Proficiency in debugging in an embedded system environment (use of test equipment and embedded debugging methods)
Cambridge Mobile Telematics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cambridge Mobile Telematics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.