Are you interested in helping people become better drivers and save lives?
At Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) (https://www.cmtelematics.com
), our mission is to make roads safer by making drivers better. CMT develops innovative software and hardware products that measure driver safety and provide insightful feedback about how drivers can do better. We couple this feedback with leaderboards, competitions, rewards, and other incentives to promote behavior change. Our apps are used by millions of drivers, with proven results: drivers reduce risky behaviors by 40% or more, and our most engaged users experience a substantially reduced rate of accidents.
CMT is looking for an experienced Mobile Platforms Release Engineer to design, implement, and maintain the build and release processes for our Android and iOS mobile libraries and white label apps. Key responsibilities
- Design, implement, and maintain software tools to automate the build, test and release process of CMT's mobile products including Android and iPhone apps and CMT's mobile software development kit (SDK)
- Develop and maintain a continuous integration and continuous deployment system for build and test automation
- Maintain tools to build and release apps to Crashlytics, the Google Play Store, and Apple App Store
- Trace and debug complex build problems, release issues and environment issues
- Coordinate release activities with product and engineering teams to ensure smooth releases
- Recommend improvements to the current release process based on industry best practices, analysis of current techniques, and feedback from engineering teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field (foreign equivalent acceptable)
- Solid understanding of and practical experience with the software development life cycle, with particular emphasis on release engineering functions
- Experience with scripting languages and build tools, such as ruby, Python, bash, make, CMake and/or SCONS
- Experience using source control tools such as git and svn
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Able to operate with minimal supervision to achieve objectives
- 5+ years of experience as a Build and Release Engineer with an emphasis on mobile app build and release
- 2+ years of experience in building and maintaining continuous integration pipelines
- Experience with continuous integration software such as Jenkins, TravisCI, and Bamboo
- Experience building binary artifacts for arm and x86 platforms, including experience with binary manipulation tools such as libtool, nm, lipo, etc.
- Experience with Android build tools such as gradle, Android Studio, and ProGuard
- Experience with iOS build tools including XCode, xcodebuild, and fastlane
- Familiarity with C/C++, Objective-C, Swift, and Java
- Experience with preparing and submitting apps to the Google Play Store and Apple App Store
Experience with preparing and submitting apps to the Google Play Store and Apple App Store Cambridge Mobile Telematics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cambridge Mobile Telematics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.