Join us in making roads safer by making drivers better!
CMT is looking for an experienced Mobile Platforms Release Engineer to design, implement, and maintain the build and release processes for our Android and iOS mobile libraries and white label apps.
- Design, implement, and maintain software tools to automate the build, test and release process of CMT's mobile products including Android and iPhone apps and CMT's mobile software development kit (SDK)
- Develop and maintain a continuous integration and continuous deployment system for build and test automation
- Maintain tools to build and release apps to Crashlytics, the Google Play Store, and Apple App Store
- Trace and debug complex build problems, release issues and environment issues
- Coordinate release activities with product and engineering teams to ensure smooth releases
- Recommend improvements to the current release process based on industry best practices, analysis of current techniques, and feedback from engineering teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field (foreign equivalent acceptable)
- Solid understanding of and practical experience with the software development life cycle, with particular emphasis on release engineering functions
- Experience with scripting languages and build tools, such as ruby, Python, bash, make, CMake and/or SCONS
- Experience using source control tools such as git and svn
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Able to operate with minimal supervision to achieve objectives
“Nice to have” skills
- 5+ years of experience as a Build and Release Engineer with an emphasis on mobile app build and release
- 2+ years of experience in building and maintaining continuous integration pipelines
- Experience with continuous integration software such as Jenkins, TravisCI, and Bamboo
- Experience building binary artifacts for arm and x86 platforms, including experience with binary manipulation tools such as libtool, nm, lipo, etc.
- Experience with Android build tools such as gradle, Android Studio, and ProGuard
- Experience with iOS build tools including XCode, xcodebuild, and fastlane
- Familiarity with C/C++, Objective-C, Swift, and Java
- Experience with preparing and submitting apps to the Google Play Store and Apple App Store
About Cambridge Mobile Telematics
At Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT), our mission is to make the world’s roads safer. We are the global market leader in mobile telematics with customers in over 20 countries serving millions of drivers. Our team uses mobile sensing and IoT devices, machine learning, applied statistics, and behavioral science to solve real-world problems to produce clear and actionable insights for drivers, insurers, and fleets. Founded in 2010 from an MIT research project, we still maintain a startup culture – often experimenting and nimbly adjusting to the needs of our customers and the market. We are well-financed thanks to customer revenues and a $500M investment from the SoftBank Vision Fund. Please visit www.cmtelematics.com
for more information and follow @cmtelematics on Twitter.