At Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT, cmtelematics.com
), our mission is to make roads safer by making drivers better. We are the market leader in the field of smartphone telematics with customers in over 20 countries and staff of over 15 PhDs and 30 engineers/data scientists. We pioneered the application of smartphone sensing data and big data analytics to measuring and changing driver behavior for auto insurance companies, cities, and other partners in the connected car industry. CMT was founded by two MIT Electrical Engineering and Computer Science professors in 2010 but we are still small and maintain a startup culture – often experimenting and nimbly adjusting to the needs of our customers and the market.
CMT is seeking a Controller to provide leadership, management and guidance to the Company’s CFO and Leadership Team on all matters related to the financial reporting of the company. This will include but is not limited to, the oversight of all accounting, budgeting, financial reporting; financial analysis, treasury activities and tax and audit compliance.
- Maintain and insure that the organization’s accounting policies and procedures are in line with regulatory requirements and management best practices.
- Strong “hands on” sense of financial statements, asset and balance sheet management, tax savvy and compliance, proven grasp of operations, cost accounting, general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and various special analysis.
- Reviews financial statements, responsible for all standard costing and inventory valuation and serves as financial adviser for all operational departments.
- Establishes, or recommends to management, accounting controls, objectives and policies/procedures for the company.
- Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses and earning based on past, present and expected operations.
- Support the CFO in the continuing development and growth of the company and implementation of business strategies in support of the rapid development and the growth.
- Responsible for cost accounting including cost analysis of manufacturing and operations.
- Lead the annual audit and tax compliance activities with outside firm.
- Manage and report on treasury activities.
- Consolidations with emphasis on international wholly-owned subsidiaries.
- 15 plus years of progressive experience
- At least 2 years audit experience at a Big Four firm
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- CPA required
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel