At Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT, cmtelematics.com
), our mission is to make roads safer by making drivers better. We are the market leader in the field of smartphone telematics with customers in over 20 countries and staff of over 15 PhDs and 30 engineers/data scientists. We pioneered the application of smartphone sensing data and big data analytics to measuring and changing driver behavior for auto insurance companies, cities, and other partners in the connected car industry. CMT was founded by two MIT Electrical Engineering and Computer Science professors in 2010 but we are still small and maintain a startup culture – often experimenting and nimbly adjusting to the needs of our customers and the market.
CMT is seeking a Senior Program Manager to lead customer implementations of our DriveWell Program. You will be the primary point of contact for these customers, some of whom are among the top 50 insurers in the world, and communicate with people from various departments in a collaborative manner. This involves educating them regarding our telematics platform, working with them to define their safe driving program goals and requirements, and internally coordinating the implementation of our platform to suit their requirements. Also, you will work closely with our Product Managers and Engineers to share your customers’ product enhancement requests and supporting use cases.
- Own and manage the relationship with a set of key insurance, telecom, government agency, and/or OEM customers.
- Comfortable working with people in various roles – from senior business executives, to IT professionals, to analysts/actuaries, to marketing and content writers.
- Work with customers to clarify their goals, define their program requirements, and set their expectations.
- Document customer requirements in JIRA for the Engineering and QA teams.
- Obtain and communicate new product feature requests to the Product Managers.
- Answer customer questions regarding how our telematics platform and technology works and what is feasible.
- Discuss customer requirements with the Engineering and QA teams, including timeline, and explain JIRA issues as necessary.
- Help update JIRA issues/tasks, assignees, and deadlines in JIRA and participate in sprint planning and review meetings.
- Keep track of progress on customer implementations relative to their expectations and communicate updates to customers as well as engineers/QA.
- 5+ years of experience as a Program Manager in the software industry.
- Excellent writing skills, with high attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly understand our technology and be able articulate it to our customers.
- Strong communication skills both with external customers and internal team members.
- Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize them.
- Able to follow a clear process and contribute to the improvement of this process.
- Desire to be a team player and work in a collaborative environment.
- Curious - Interested in learning new concepts and technologies.
- Experience with mobile app development.
- Analytical or technical background.
Cambridge Mobile Telematics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cambridge Mobile Telematics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.