Are you interested in helping people become better drivers and save lives? Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) develops technology that makes roads safer through educating drivers about their driving habits and teaching them how they can improve.
As a Data Engineer on our Data team, you design, implement and maintain how CMT moves and stores driving sensor data coming at a high-velocity and a high-volume. You enable CMT's engineers and customers to be able to design algorithms and discover insights very quickly from "big" driving data.
You would use various tools and frameworks to enable this capability: big data processing engines (e.g. Apache Spark, AWS Athena), big data/columnar/specialized database platforms (e.g. Vertica, MapD), streaming (e.g. Apache Kinesis, Kafka), various storage formats and solutions (e.g. Apache Parquet) within AWS ecosystem. You design and implement how data flows within and between CMT data processing pipelines. If the idea of turning big, raw driving data into algorithms and actionable insights that make drivers drive better, this is an ideal position for you.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline
- 3+ years of experience developing software using data tools and products
- Strong programming skills for constructing and understanding data pipelines, particularly in Python and SQL
- MS / PhD plus several years of relevant experience
- Expertise and experience in one or more of: scalable computing platforms (e.g. Apache Spark), streaming data pipelines (e.g. Kafka), analytical databases (e.g. Vertica) etc
- Experience in designing data pipelines and products for real world applications
- Ability to visualize and monitor high-velocity, high-density and high-volume data-flow
- Strong understanding of software design and disciplines
Cambridge Mobile Telematics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cambridge Mobile Telematics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.