Join us in making roads safer by making drivers better!
CMT is seeking outstanding Data Infrastructure Software Engineers to join us in building technology to reliably collect and manage data from sensors on smartphones and connected devices in vehicles. As a member of our engineering group, you will help accomplish our mission by designing and building solutions that solve our customer’s problems. Our company is made up of collaborative, customer-committed, and creative experts that enjoy working in a fast-paced and fun environment. We are looking for high performers to help build global-scale solutions to improve safety in an evolving mobile world.
As a Data Infrastructure Software Engineers you will use various tools and frameworks to enable this capability: big data processing engines (e.g. Apache Spark, AWS Athena), big data/columnar/specialized database platforms (e.g. Vertica, MapD), streaming (e.g. Apache Kinesis, Kafka), various storage formats and solutions (e.g. Apache Parquet) within AWS ecosystem. You design and implement how data flows within and between CMT data processing pipelines. If the idea of turning big, raw driving data into algorithms and actionable insights that make drivers drive better, this is an ideal position for you.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline
- 3+ years of experience developing software using data tools and products
- Strong programming skills for constructing and understanding data pipelines, particularly in Python and SQL
- MS / PhD plus several years of relevant experience
- Expertise and experience in one or more of: scalable computing platforms (e.g. Apache Spark), streaming data pipelines (e.g. Kafka), analytical databases (e.g. Vertica) etc
- Experience in designing data pipelines and products for real world applications
- Ability to visualize and monitor high-velocity, high-density and high-volume data-flow
- Strong understanding of software design and disciplines
About Cambridge Mobile Telematics
At Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT), our mission is to make the world’s roads safer. We are the global market leader in mobile telematics with customers in over 20 countries serving millions of drivers. Our team uses mobile sensing and IoT devices, machine learning, applied statistics, and behavioral science to solve real-world problems to produce clear and actionable insights for drivers, insurers, and fleets. Founded in 2010 from an MIT research project, we still maintain a startup culture – often experimenting and nimbly adjusting to the needs of our customers and the market. We are well-financed thanks to customer revenues and a $500M investment from the SoftBank Vision Fund. Please visit www.cmtelematics.com
for more information and follow @cmtelematics on Twitter.