Are you interested in helping people become better drivers and save lives? At Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT), our mission is to make roads safer by making drivers better. At CMT, we work on challenges like the following:
- Inferring vehicular dynamics and trajectories using sensor data from a mobile phone
- Detecting and discouraging distracted driving
- Detecting and responding to crashes and accidents in real-time
- Gathering and visualizing real-time telematics data about fleet vehicles
- Developing hardware and software for new mobile sensing platforms
CMT develops innovative software and hardware products that measure driver safety and provide insightful feedback to teach drivers how to become safer on the road. We couple the feedback with leaderboards, competitions, rewards, and other incentives to encourage positive behavior change.
Do you want to have global impact?
CMT's mobile apps and hardware are used by millions of drivers around the world, including in the US, Canada, Europe, South Africa, Australia, and Japan. Users of our software show reductions of 40% or more in risky behaviors like phone use while driving, and our safest and most engaged users are many times less likely to have an accident than the average driver.
Are you good at presenting complex data to users?
We are looking for an experienced Web Developer who can help build and enhance our customer-facing web portal. As a member of our web development team, you will
- collaborate with our in-house web designer to create simple and meaningful data visualizations,
- help transform complex, numerical data into easily understandable graphs, tables and charts, and
- turn wireframes and mockups into beautiful, yet simple web applications.
- Write well-designed, testable, and efficient code using standard software development practices
- Create website layouts and user interfaces using standard HTML/CSS
- Build web pages that present complication information as graphs and charts,
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical and customer needs
- Collaborate with web designers to match visual design intent
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in web application development and programming
- Top-notch programming skills and knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- Knowledge of relational database systems
Other desired skills:
- Deep understanding of how web applications work
- Strong knowledge in web security and session management
- Ability to work independently in an exciting environment
- Ability to learn quickly
- Familiarity with PHP
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
Cambridge Mobile Telematics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cambridge Mobile Telematics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.