Are you interested in helping people become better drivers and save lives? Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) develops technology that makes roads safer through educating drivers about their driving habits and teaching them how they can improve.
As a Machine Learning Software Engineer on our Data team, you fuel our mission with data-driven products you develop. The products you develop turn high-volume, high-velocity data from smartphone and IoT sensors into predictions, structures and insights about all aspects of driving and driving behavior.
You would use various techniques and disciplines in machine learning, signal processing, statistics and robotics, ranging from probabilistic inference on mobile sensor data, data fusion between noisy sensors, time-series and/or geospatial analysis, image and video analysis using deep neural networks, risk modeling and classification of driving behavior, data visualization, and more. You are not only responsible for prototyping data algorithms, but also expected to implement your algorithms for production for millions of drivers.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline
- 3+ years of experience developing software using machine learning algorithms
- Strong programming skills for constructing and understanding data pipelines, particularly in Python (scipy/numpy) and SQL
- MS / PhD plus several years of relevant experience
- Expertise in one or more of: machine learning, data mining, signal processing, advanced statistics, or robotics
- Experience with modern/emerging scalable computing platforms and languages (e.g. Apache Spark)
- Experience in designing data pipelines and products for real world applications
- Strong understanding of software design and disciplines
Cambridge Mobile Telematics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cambridge Mobile Telematics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.