At Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) (www.cmtelematics.com
), our mission is to make roads safer by making drivers better. We do this by developing innovative software and hardware products that measure driver safety and provide insightful feedback about how drivers can do better. We couple this with leaderboards, competitions, rewards, and other incentives to incite behavior change. Our products are in use by millions of drivers, with proven results: users of our software show reductions of 40% or more in risky behaviors like phone use while driving, and our safest and most engaged users are many times less likely to have an accident than the average driver.
CMT is looking for outstanding cloud software engineers to join our team. The responsibilities of the cloud team include:
- improving the scalability, reliability, and security of CMT's server infrastructure, which is currently implemented using Amazon Web Services;
- ingesting and processing sensor data collected and sent by mobile devices;
- interfacing with infrastructure components provided by our partners and customers; and
- providing infrastructure support and frontend tools to visualize telematics-related incidents and events. Members of the cloud team must be able to write correct, well-designed, testable, and efficient code using best software development practices.
Do you want to have global impact?
CMT's mobile SDK is used by millions of drivers around the world, including in the US, Canada, Europe, South Africa, Australia, and Brazil. Our users receive instant, customized feedback, making them safer drivers and lowering their insurance rates. Many of them also get real-time roadside assistance using our crash detection system.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of at least one of Python, Java or C++; familiarity with two or more languages is preferred
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong troubleshooting abilities for diagnosing complex issues
- Strong working knowledge of relational database systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; engineers will be expected to collaborate with CMT team members
- Proficient in Unix/Linux
- Proven working experience in software development; 5+ years of experience
- Solid understanding of algorithm complexity
- A solid understanding of client/server architecture and distributed systems
- Experience with scalability and security of large scale web services
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Proficient in Object-Oriented Programming
Cambridge Mobile Telematics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cambridge Mobile Telematics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.