CMDS, one of New Jersey’s leading marketing companies, is seeking a full time, PHP web developer. The successful candidate will be a self-starting, motivated individual with good communication skills, outside the box thinking, 5+ years of web development experience and will be deadline oriented. Projects will range from simple WordPress installs, launching sites, website maintenance to creating fully customizable websites in WordPress, building web applications, and debugging.
- Web development for large scale websites utilizing PHP/MYSQL
- Be involved in the full life cycle development process
- WordPress development, including producing/editing custom themes, plugin development/customization and new feature development
- Debugging and management of and improvements to legacy code
- Use of latest web technologies to develop user friendly, in standard, cross platform/browser websites and apps
- Utilize proper organization of code so other team members can work with it
- 5+ years experience in internet technologies with strong PHP and MySQL skills
- Extensive experience with custom WordPress and Magento development
- High proficiency in developing cross browser and device compatible websites (especially IE!)
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design programs is a plus
- Self-motivated in seeking out the latest technologies in web development and strategy
- Strong time management skills; ability to manage multiple time-sensitive assignments simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail, focused on quality testing and assurance
- Responsive design and Bootstrap framework experience a plus
- Have team spirit and good communication skills, coordinative, passionate, full sense of responsibility
This position is a full time on-site position with salary ranging based on experience. Vacation and benefits package available. Please provide a cover letter and your resume/personal website and links to a few projects you have worked on.
CMDS’ working environment is fun, creative and rewarding. If you fit the mold, you’ll be surrounded by the area’s top talent. We work Monday-Thursday from 8-6. Quality of life is our #1 priority. Being awesome comes naturally.