CMDS is a marketing and design agency in Colts Neck, NJ. We believe in capturing mindshare to position companies as leaders in their space so we can attract their ideal customers. We use a proven marketing and web design system that has been perfected over 16 years for the companies we select. We work with brands that believe in the power of marketing great web design… and want to grow their brand tenfold.
It’s the people at CMDS that make it the company that it is today. We hire people who are smart, self-starters and determined, favoring talent over experience. Our building and offices are designed to encourage employee interactions within and across teams, and foster conversation to take the brands we work with to the next level.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Creative UI Designer to join our in-house team of digital rockstars at CMDS. The ideal candidate must have 3-5 years of experience working on a variety of custom projects, a true passion for creating great websites, and the ability to work well in a team environment.
The ideal candidate will be able to hear our clients’ stories and produce a creative solution that will make an impact on their business. We’re looking for someone that can create something out of nothing, that thinks strategically and creatively, and who isn’t afraid of taking risks in design. This rockstar knows how to take initiative, shows up to work on time, and enjoys a good sense of humor.
We’re looking for a unicorn of a person that knows how to make stuff look really cool. If this sounds like you, read on to learn about how YOU can be the next Rockstar at CMDS.
- You’ve worked at agencies for the past 3-5 years and are looking for a positive change
- You’re good at overcoming challenges and have a knack for figuring out new ways to do things
- You think logically, critically and strategically and have a great sense of user experience
- You look at the world around you, and see opportunities to improve the design and experience of everything
- You are passionate about creating great experiences for other people
- You can work on several large projects simultaneously without dropping the ball
- Most important, you are a person that knows you can work anywhere, but chooses to work with us
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Conceptualize creative ideas for our clients based on the goals of their business and branding
- Create responsive website mock-ups and wireframes with the ability to present and talk through design choices
- Design visual imagery for websites and ensure that they are in line with branding for clients
- Work with different content management systems, although you will be mostly working within WordPress a lot. Being well-versed in Advance Custom Fields is a plus!
- Work with the development, marketing and project management teams to determine the functionality the site will need to support – then come up with a plan to visually represent that functionality
- Formulate and implement recommendations for site architecture, CMS, navigation, SEO strategy and API integrations
- 3-5 years experience in visual user interface design (and print, if needed)
- Self-motivated, proactive and action-based
- Ability to create clean, clutter-free, visually consistent designs
- An advanced proficiency with design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, XD or your prototyping tool of choice
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles, careful attention to detail, as well as ability to grasp multiple product requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate visually, verbally, and in writing
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Passion for outstanding, modern design
- Experience with UI/UX design a plus
- Portfolio with live examples
We’ll pay for approximately 50% of your medical, 100% dental, 2 weeks paid vacation plus holidays and EVERY Friday off as well as give you a great place to grow. Salary for this position ranges from $45,000 - $50,000 per year.
HOW TO GET THIS JOB
- YOU MUST HAVE AGENCY OR CLIENT SIDE EXPERIENCE!
- A unique cover letter that explains why you would be perfect for this position. We can smell boilerplate letters from a mile away, so show us you really want this.
- Your resume emphasizing any pertinent experience you have in the world of digital marketing.
Thank you, and we look forward to seeing if you're the next rockstar!