Based in New York, Clubhouse is a fast-growing technology company on a mission to build the most enjoyable and efficient software development platform. Over a thousand organizations use Clubhouse to build software at scale, from high-growth startups such as FullStory and Elastic to large enterprises such as Condé Nast and Deloitte.
As the Senior Visual Designer, you will be a key-member of the Clubhouse Marketing team and our first in-house visual design hire, owning our marketing design projects and directly elevating the brand with every creation. Our team is passionate about simplifying complex concepts into elegant, on-brand customer experiences while always looking for creative ways to evolve our brand identity to the next level.
Reporting into the CMO, the Senior Visual Designer will take an active, hands-on role in leading ideation with team members and working with program managers and other team members to implement designs effectively. This role requires broad knowledge and advanced skills in visual design, typography, illustration, motion design and production. We’re looking for a problem solver that can take limited direction, proactively seek out answers to critical questions and synthesize multiple information streams into actionable and effective work.
- Own design projects from brief, through concepting, design, iteration and production.
- Push the Clubhouse visual brand experience forward through design.
- Partner and collaborate closely with Product Design to ensure there is a consistent brand experience through every customer touchpoint.
- Design and deliver assets for multiple digital and non-digital customer touchpoints e.g. marketing site, web/mobile app, print materials, events and branded swag.
- Produce elegant design assets and deliverables for all initiatives using expertise and fluency in all required design and animation software.
- Contribute to and maintain content for our style guide and brand guidelines
- Embrace flexibility in working with a full spectrum of project timelines, from well planned large scale halo pieces to meeting urgent deadlines.
- Lead cross-functional meetings with key stakeholders, driving conversations and effectively capturing often-nuanced feedback and conflicting ideas into action items.
- Portfolio or work samples demonstrating a broad spectrum of visual design work.
- A passion for modern, thoughtful and well organized design
- Ability to effectively communicate and present design thinking to internal and external stakeholders.
- Expertise in industry standard design programs including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop. Sketch.
- Stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and ability to balance beauty, innovation and usability.
- Ability to collaborate with, and guide the work of, freelance / contracted designers.
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally in a rapid-growth and high-responsibility environment.
- Awareness and enthusiasm of emerging trends in design
- Excellent teamwork skills, strong work ethic and passion.
- Ability to think big, outside the box, and to take direction and feedback
- Strong project management skills.
- Degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, or related field
- Animation skills a plus!
What we offer:
- In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, we offer an equity stake in the company.
- You’ll be working on a product built for technology companies, with the aim of improving the lives of its users. We want and value your input as we try to keep the product moving in the right direction.
- We expect you to work at a sustainable pace, take time off as needed, and maintain a healthy balance. Many of us have families and kids, so we don't work crazy hours and don't expect you to either.
Clubhouse is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.