CloudZero is an early stage startup on a mission to help engineering teams understand and monitor cloud costs. We believe that building in the cloud means that every engineering decision is a purchasing decision, and teams need a new breed of tools to help them move fast without making costly mistakes.
To solve this problem we’ve built a platform on AWS focused on leveraging Serverless technologies to create a scalable event-driven architecture. We ingest and normalize millions of events from customer environments in real time, leveraging technologies such as Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Serverless Aurora among others to bring insights to our customers about how their cloud infrastructure costs are changing over time.
Our engineering team values lifelong learning and holding a growth mindset. A core part of our engineering culture is inclusiveness, we believe great teams are made up of people from diverse backgrounds and walks of life working together. We’re also remote worker friendly with the entire company working remotely on Wednesdays and a significant portion of the engineering group full time remote.
We are looking for people with a passion for building cloud-native architectures that are scalable and maintainable. We’re looking for people who are comfortable leveraging cloud services when building solutions so that you can focus on solving customer problems. Lastly we’re looking for people who enjoy working on small teams on hard problems.
- Design, build and maintain APIs, services and systems for our main application.
- Collaborate with other engineers to build out new customer features.
- Help improve our engineering processes to ensure we have a group that can move fast and give everyone agency, ownership and the ability to impact the success of the company.
You might be a great fit if you:
- Enjoy and have experience building APIs and complex backend systems in the cloud.
- Have a passion for building and delivering high quality software. Our backend code is in Python, however we believe languages can be learned while fundamental engineering skills are transferable across many domains.
- Write code that is understandable, testable and care about maintainability.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment that values working together to solve hard problems.
- Enjoy creating solutions that have a noticeable impact to the end user, we believe our platform will help other engineers out there make better solutions when working in the cloud.
- Prefer small teams that iterate fast, as we are a small team that values transparency and fast iterations over planning out months of work.