We're looking for a Technical Project Manager to help us manage our client engagements!
is a DevOps professional services company. We offer proven solutions to solve big challenges orchestrating cloud infrastructure. Ours is a unique environment to automate complex systems and to migrate existing platforms.
We love our job! We write massive amounts of Open Source software
used by thousands of companies around the world to power their infrastructure. We also run a vibrant Slack community called SweetOps
that is highly collaborative and growing month-over-month.
In this role, your responsibilities will require you to work closely with the development team. During sprints, you will need to learn and understand enough to ensure projects are moving along. On a regular basis, you will need to relate requirements, sprint progress, and any gaps/risks/uncertainties to accountable parties. You may need to provide demos or relate at a high-level to clients directly.
Ideal candidates are customer-facing and are able to manage multiple projects subject to tight deadlines. Some degree of software programming background, exposure to AWS, command of Agile methodologies, and prior project management experience is valuable.
This is our first PM role, so you'll have a huge impact on how we plan and manage our projects. You will work alongside some of the most talented engineers and thought leaders in cloud architecture (DevOps). Join us and you will have the opportunity to work on a wide array of projects, for clients across multiple industries, geographies, and timezones!
Tools We Use:
Kanban / Scrum / Agile
- Trello / Airtable
- Google Drive / Google Sheets
- Harvest (time tracking) / Bill.com
- Amazon Web Services
- Kubernetes / Helm
- Terraform / Chamber
Our Ideal Candidate:
Understanding of infrastructure and cloud technologies is a must (AWS preferred)
- Proficient in Project Scheduling and Project Life cycle best practices
- Consulting organization experience is highly preferred
- Seeks process improvements
- Has been the lead on daily standups
- Has run software demos for customers
Self-directed, responsible, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Results-oriented, motivated, and committed to solving problems
- Strong communicator (both verbal and written) skills are a must
- Organized, with attention to detail
- Familiarity with Trello and other project management tools
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile
- Fluent English
- Background check / U.S.-based
- Flexible hours (we run an off-shore and domestic team)
Please note … many of our projects are sensitive and confidential. We require a background check and are only considering U.S.-based candidates at this time.
Manage client engagements from kickoff to delivery
- Monitor project life cycle dates, tasks, time spent, risks, blockers
- Keep Airtable and Trello up to date with sufficient detail
- Identify scope changes from the original plan and escalate as needed
- Review / Track project hours in Harvest. Ensure accuracy, sufficient detail, time projection
- Facilitate meetings and communication for the team, and for clients
- Manage expectations, and prepare agendas for meetings
- Work directly with Tech Leads and Directors to ensure project success
- You will not manage personnel
- You will not perform any "hands-on" technical work besides product demos
Join us, building world-class infrastructures that delight developers and satisfy current and future business needs. Apply Now!