CloudBolt Software (www.cloudbolt.io) is a leader in hybrid cloud automation. We have developed the next-generation cloud management and automation platform that is transforming the way system administrators and their users interact with their data centers and access their public and private cloud environments.
At CloudBolt we focus on people because we believe our employees are the ones who will take this company to new, great heights. If you're looking to join a young, energetic company where you can make a difference every day, tackle the toughest challenges, and have lots of fun doing the work you love... join us at CloudBolt, and be part of the cloud computing revolution!
We're looking for an experienced Software Developer to join our growing team in Portland, OR.
- You will implement your features and fixes end-to-end, have decision-making authority on implementation-level details, review and test your partner's contributions before merging to master, and work with others on the team (and outside your team) to select your sprint payload, balancing both strategic and tactical requirements
- You will partner with customer support engineers to help (and mentor) them while they triage and diagnose technical support requests
- You will be able to work on areas outside of product development. Some developers enjoy visiting customers and prospects to demo the product or help them during setup. Others have practiced their product management skills; written blog posts about our technology, product, or team
- Several years of success writing code that's still running in production.
- Deep experience with the APIs and SDKs that connect to public cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Deep experience with the APIs and SDKs that connect to hypervisor platforms like VMware vSphere/vCenter, Nutanix Acropolis, or Azure Stack.
- Deep experience with the APIs and SDKs that connect to hypervisor platforms like Docker, Kubernetes, or Mesosphere
- A growing understanding of computer science and software development concepts and techniques.
- Experience working with and collaborating on a team of other software developers.
- Comfort with agile or lean development practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 2+ years experience with Django and Python web development.
- Experience with Python packaging
- Experience with the software our platform runs on, such as CentOS (RHEL), MySQL, Memcached, and Docker.
- Experience with best practices for developing and maintaining RESTful APIs.
- Experience profiling and optimizing the performance of applications.
- Knowledge of security concerns around networking and cloud technologies
Our benefits package includes:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Health & Dependent Care FSA
- 15 days of PTO
- Paid Winter Break (between Christmas and New Year’s)
- 10 Holidays to include 4 Floater Holidays
- Volunteer/Community Engagement Day
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $5,250 annually
- Open Door Policy Approach at all levels
- Free Parking, Gym & Cafeteria on Premises
- Business Expense Reimbursement
- Maternity Leave (up to 8 weeks of fully paid leave for recovering birth mothers)
- Baby-Bonding Leave (for any parent)
- Equity Grant
- Monthly Cellphone & Home internet Reimbursement
- Contemporary & Inspiring Workspace
- Flexible Schedule & Work from Home Options
- Talented and Engaged Colleagues
- Free Shuttle Service to Pike & Rose and to the Metro (Rockville office)
- All this, PLUS a paycheck!!
Founded in 2011, we're a rapidly growing software company headquartered in Rockville, MD, with offices in Portland, OR, and employees around the country. We're backed by Insight Venture Partners and have been on a rapid growth trajectory the past several years. In 2018, we grew revenues 150%, doubled headcount, and today, count 100+ enterprise customers worldwide. We're proud to be listed in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for "Cloud Management Platforms" and most recently, we were named "2019 Red Hot Company" by DCA Live and winner at the 2019 Oregon Technology Awards.
CloudBolt kick-started 2019 with a record 150 percent surge in annual revenue and a 40 percent increase in enterprise customers worldwide in 2018.
CloudBolt... Proud winner of the TAO Award under the ’non-headquartered’ category: