CloudBolt Software (www.cloudbolt.io
) is a leader in hybrid IT automation. We’ve developed the next-generation cloud management and automation platform that is transforming the way system administrators and their users interact with their data centers and access their public and private cloud environments.
Our product has been lauded as the best in the Cloud Management Platform space, and we are focused on enhancing our technology with an aggressive release schedule to keep our customers like Home Depot and Siemens efficient, while growing our competitive advantage. We're looking for an IT guru that enjoys working with people...helping others to find the best answer quickly and with a smile.
As a member of the Sustaining Engineering team, you will be in a unique position to advocate on behalf of our customers and directly contribute product and documentation enhancements. You will be the first point of contact for issues identified through our support portal and will be responsible for making sure the customer’s needs are met within reasonable expectations. You will be part of a fast-paced, fast-growing, engineering-focused team. While the customer will and should always be your main priority, you’ll be invited and expected to contribute to the overall success of the team by helping identify, scope and implement product improvements. This role is a great opportunity for entry-level engineers to transition out of QA and technical support roles and into production software development. As the company grows, you will have the opportunity to grow with it.
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Educate customers on CloudBolt features
- Improve product documentation and knowledgebase
- Assist customers with custom orchestration scripts and product plugins
- Communicate feature requests and professional services escalation to Product Engineering and Solutions teams
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of professional experience in a related technical field
- Understanding of object-oriented programming, preferably in Python/Django
- Understanding of systems integration practices
- Understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Understanding of common shell scripting environments, e.g. bash, powershell
- Familiarity with VMware vCenter
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever is necessary to make customers successful
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally of company
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, even under duress
- Super organizational skills
- Demonstrable experience with cloud compute consoles (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Some experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, and/or Ansible desirable
- Experience with general source control best practices and git in particular
- Prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable
Reasons to work at CloudBolt
- We provide an ample field for employees to exercise creativity, problem solving skills, and leadership.
- CloudBolt has a proven record of success. Our customers include Dell, Home Depot, Airbus, Williams-Sonoma, and Blackboard, to name a few
- Exposure to the most recent industry-leading technologies and development practices
- We score 10.5 out of 12 on the old Joel Test
- Many fascinating technical challenges waiting to be solved
CloudBolt enables enterprise IT to operate as a cloud service provider. Our powerful cloud management platform works with new and existing environments. It integrates on-premises virtualization and private cloud resources with public clouds, configuration management tools, and domain-specific technologies. Users are empowered with the ability to quickly provision the resources they need through CloudBolt’s intuitive self-service portal. Multi-cloud flexibility allows users to choose the best provider and tool for each workload. Enterprise IT organizations maintain control through configuration standards, usage quotas and cost transparency. By delivering a responsive and agile alternative to shadow IT, CloudBolt gives users what they want, when they want it.