CloudBolt Software (www.cloudbolt.io) is a leader in hybrid cloud automation. We have developed the next-generation cloud management and automation platform that is transforming the way system administrators and their users interact with their data centers and access their public and private cloud environments.
At CloudBolt we focus on people because we believe our employees are the ones who will take this company to new, great heights. If you're looking to join young, energetic company where you can make a difference every day, tackle the toughest challenges, and have lots of fun doing the work you love... join us at CloudBolt, and be part of the cloud computing revolution!
Are you a passionate software developer with a history of success working on commercial software? Do you have a strong familiarity with the web and are comfortable switching between backend and frontend development? Are you looking for the opportunity to immediately impact customer adoption and use of a product?
If so, we’d love to talk with you. We are growing our team of software developers to meet the increased requests from our rapidly-growing customer base. We built our product in Django and Python and it runs on a CentOS + Apache + MySQL appliance that our customers run in their data centers or in the cloud. Our product team ships improvements in weekly sprints that roll up into a 6-week release cadence. We value smart, conscientious, collaboration-focused individuals with excellent communication skills and openness to new experiences.
Here’s what CloudBolt developers do:
- We implement our features and fixes end-to-end. User stories become living design specs that we implement in an iterative approach that takes customer feedback into account.
- We each have final decision-making authority on implementation-level details. This is be balanced by the responsibility to confer with our development partners & internal and external customers to solicit their perspectives and keep them up-to-date.
- We review and test our partner’s contributions before merging to master.
- We each work with others on the team (and outside the team) to select our own sprint payload, balancing both strategic and tactical requirements.
- We partner with customer support engineers to help (and mentor) them while they triage and diagnose technical support requests. We regularly work with customers directly on support tickets on a rotation basis.
- We have the chance to work on areas outside of product development. Some developers enjoy visiting customers and prospects to demo the product or help them during setup. Others have practiced their product management skills; written blog posts about our technology, product, or team.
- We have the opportunity to attend conferences (100% paid by CloudBolt), speak at meetups, or engage with our community of software and IT professionals to help level up our skills and careers.
- 3+ years of success writing code and shipping it to production.
- An understanding of computer science concepts and real-world software development techniques.
- Experience working with and collaborating on a team of other software developers.
- Familiarity with agile or lean development practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Empathy for end-user needs and a drive to help them succeed.
- Familiarity with git repositories or similar version control systems.
Nice To Have's
- 3+ years experience with Django and Python web development.
- Experience with the software our platform runs on, such as CentOS (RHEL), MySQL, Memcached, and Docker.
- Experience with best practices for developing and maintaining RESTful APIs.
- Experience profiling and optimizing the performance of applications.
Our benefits package includes:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Health & Dependent Care FSA
- 15 days of PTO
- Paid Winter Break (between Christmas and New Year’s)
- 10 Holidays to include 4 Floater Holidays
- Volunteer/Community Engagement Day
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $5,250 annually
- Open Door Policy Approach at all levels
- Free Parking, Gym & Cafeteria on Premises
- Business Expense Reimbursement
- Maternity Leave (up to 8 weeks of fully paid leave for recovering birth mothers)
- Baby-Bonding Leave (for any parent)
- Equity Grant
- Monthly Cellphone & Home internet Reimbursement
- Contemporary & Inspiring Workspace
- Flexible Schedule & Work from Home Options
- Talented and Engaged Colleagues
- Free Shuttle Service to Pike & Rose and to the Metro (Rockville office)
- All this, PLUS a paycheck!!
Founded in 2011, we're a rapidly growing software company headquartered in Rockville, MD, with offices in Portland, OR, and employees around the country. We're backed by Insight Venture Partners and have been on a rapid growth trajectory the past several years. In 2018, we grew revenues 150%, doubled headcount, and today, count 100+ enterprise customers worldwide. We're proud to be listed in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for "Cloud Management Platforms" and most recently, we were named "2019 Red Hot Company" by DCA Live and winner at the 2019 Oregon Technology Awards.
CloudBolt kick-started 2019 with a record 150 percent surge in annual revenue and a 40 percent increase in enterprise customers worldwide in 2018.