Are you passionate about building an efficient, reliable, and agile release pipeline? Do you have deep experience with Linux, bash, public clouds (like GCE, Azure, and AWS), CI/CD platforms (like Jenkins), and Python? Have you shipped production applications (preferably virtual appliances or containerized images) across the planet? Are you looking for the opportunity to immediately impact customer experience and happiness while having ownership over the tasks necessary to achieve this result—and the support of a team who is excited to see you succeed?
If so, we’d love to talk with you. We are growing our development team in Portland, OR to meet increased requests from our rapidly-growing customer base. We need help from someone who can help maintain and improve our release pipeline. We built our product in Django and Python and it runs on a CentOS + Apache + MySQL appliance that our customers run in their data centers or in the cloud. Our product team ships improvements in weekly sprints that roll up into a 6-week release cadence (with weekly alphas along the way). We value smart, conscientious, collaboration-focused individuals with excellent communication skills and openness to new experiences.
Working at CloudBolt
- We believe in delivering quality software. We discuss designs to get the best solution, use code reviews to get the best implementation and write tests and docs for easier code maintenance.
- We give developers final decision-making authority on implementation-level details. This is balanced by the responsibility to confer with our development partners & internal and external customers to solicit their perspectives and keep them up-to-date.
- We have opportunities to expand our horizons beyond traditional software development. While not required, some developers enjoy visiting customers and prospects to demo the product or help them during setup. Others have practiced their product management skills or written blog posts about our technology/product/team.
- We learn and prepare ourselves for the next steps in our careers. Developers have the opportunity to attend conferences (100% paid by CloudBolt), speak at meetups, or engage with our community of software and IT professionals to help level up our skills and careers.
- You will own the process of creating the release artifacts we ship to customers: a virtual appliance, upgrader binaries, and public cloud images.
- You will advocate for and implement improvements to the tools and process for shipping the release.
- You will own the operation, deployment, and maintenance of our release pipeline infrastructure (VMs, Jenkins software, integrations, and other systems).
- You will be the resident expert on these tools and process, collaborating with developers and testers on their work to help ensure a healthy release pipeline.
- You will be the resident expert on Linux (CentOS) and bash scripting, responsible for collaborating on features and problems with others on the team.
- Several years of experience building and improving release pipelines for production apps
- Strong skills in administering Linux (we use CentOS) including things like SysV, supervisord, iptables, yum, and SELinux
- Strong skills writing shell scripts (we use bash and python)
- Experience with computer science and software development concepts and techniques
- Experience working with and collaborating on a team of other software developers
- Familiarity with agile or lean development practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with public clouds (such as Azure, Google Cloud, and AWS)
- Experience with CI/CD infrastructure (such as Jenkins)
- Experience with Docker, Docker Compose, and Kubernetes
- Experience with Python 3 (especially pip, setuptools, etc)
- Experience with Configuration Managers (such as Puppet, Chef, and Ansible)
Our platform provides a user-friendly web interface, integrations to common IT systems, and an orchestration engine. It enables IT to use existing investments in private datacenter technology in conjunction with public cloud providers to control spending while maintaining the flexibility and agility that has become the cornerstone of cloud computing.
CloudBolt enables enterprise IT to operate as a cloud service provider. Our powerful cloud management platform works with new and existing environments. It integrates on-premises virtualization and private cloud resources with public clouds, configuration management tools, and domain-specific technologies. Users are empowered with the ability to quickly provision the resources they need through CloudBolt’s intuitive self-service portal. Multi-cloud flexibility allows users to choose the best provider and tool for each workload. Enterprise IT organizations maintain control through configuration standards, usage quotas, and cost transparency. By delivering a responsive and agile alternative to shadow IT, CloudBolt gives users what they want, when they want it.
Are you ready to join our team?
- Cover letter – share your experience doing the things we’re looking for and the successes you’ve had along the way
- Resume – what you’ve done and the metrics to show your success
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Linux administration: 5 years (Preferred)
- bash or Python scripting: 5 years (Preferred)
- release pipeline: 3 years (Preferred)
Last Updated: 2018-11-07