Are you a passionate software developer with a history of success working on commercial software? Have you programmed against the APIs and SDKs for public clouds like Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and Amazon Web Services? Do you and your team deliver services or products in an MVC framework like Django or Ruby on Rails or back-end services in languages like Python or Go? Are you looking for the opportunity to immediately impact customer adoption and use of a product?
If so, we'd love to talk with you. We are growing our team of software developers in Portland, OR to meet the increased requests from our rapidly-growing customer base. We built our product in Django and Python and it runs on a CentOS + Apache + MySQL appliance that our customers run in their datacenters or in the cloud. Our product team ships improvements in weekly sprints that roll up into a 6-week release cadence. We value smart, conscientious, collaboration-focused individuals with excellent communication skills and openness to new experiences.
As a developer at CloudBolt:
- You will be part of the team that owns our Public Cloud integrations, which means you'll get to make decisions about which work is important by gathering context from others in the company.
- You will implement your features and fixes end-to-end. User stories become living design specs that you implement in an iterative approach that takes customer feedback into account.
- You will have final decision-making authority on implementation-level details. This will be balanced by the responsibility to confer with your partner & internal and external customers to solicit their perspectives and keep them up-to-date.
- You will review and test your partner's contributions before merging to master.
- You will work with others on the team (and outside your team) to select your sprint payload, balancing both strategic and tactical requirements.
- You will partner with customer support engineers to help (and mentor) them while they triage and diagnose technical support requests. You will regularly work with customers directly on support tickets on a rotation basis.
- You will be able to work on areas outside of product development. Some developers enjoy visiting customers and prospects to demo the product or help them during setup. Others have practiced their product management skills; written blog posts about our technology, product, or team;
- Your opportunity to attend conferences (100% paid by us), speak at meetups, or engage with our community of software and IT professionals will help you level up your skills and career.
- Several years of success writing code that's still running in production.
- Deep experience with the APIs and SDKs that connect to public cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- A growing understanding of computer science and software development concepts and techniques.
- Experience working with and collaborating on a team of other software developers.
- Comfort with agile or lean development practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Our platform provides a user-friendly web interface, integrations to common IT systems, and an orchestration engine. It enables IT to use existing investments in private datacenter technology in conjunction with public cloud providers to control spending, while maintaining the flexibility and agility that has become the cornerstone of cloud computing.
CloudBolt enables enterprise IT to operate as a cloud service provider. Our powerful cloud management platform works with new and existing environments. It integrates on-premises virtualization and private cloud resources with public clouds, configuration management tools, and domain-specific technologies. Users are empowered with the ability to quickly provision the resources they need through CloudBolt’s intuitive self-service portal. Multi-cloud flexibility allows users to choose the best provider and tool for each workload. Enterprise IT organizations maintain control through configuration standards, usage quotas and cost transparency. By delivering a responsive and agile alternative to shadow IT, CloudBolt gives users what they want, when they want it.
Are you ready to join our team?
- Cover letter – share your experience doing the things we’re looking for and the successes you've had along the way
- Resume – what you’ve done and the metrics to show your success
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Last Updated: 2018-10-18