Do you have a history of developing secure web applications? Do you care deeply about protecting users and their data from potential threats? Do you enjoy keeping up with the latest vulnerabilities and attack patterns?
If so, we'd love to talk with you. We are growing our team of engineers in Portland, OR to to help advance our product and define the state-of-the-art in our space. We value smart, conscientious, collaboration-focused individuals with excellent communication skills and openness to new experiences.
In this role, you will...
- Develop product enhancements that allow customers to more securely manage the different parts of their IT infrastructure.
- Collaborate with other engineers to develop best practices and processes for developing secure applications.
- Keep up to date with new security vulnerabilities and help mitigate them.
- Implement tooling to search for security vulnerabilities in the CloudBolt platform.
- Work with tech-savvy customers to address the security needs of their organizations.
- 3+ years of experience in software development.
- A strong interest in application security.
- Knowledge of common application vulnerabilities and mitigation strategies.
- Experience working with and collaborating on a team of other software developers.
- Familiarity with Agile or lean development practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Empathy for end user needs and a drive to help them succeed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or extra experience in an engineering role.
- Experience with CentOS/RHEL and RPM packaging
- Experience with Python packaging
- Knowledge of security concerns around networking and cloud technologies.
Our platform provides a user-friendly web interface, integrations to common IT systems, and an orchestration engine. It enables IT to use existing investments in private datacenter technology in conjunction with public cloud providers to control spending, while maintaining the flexibility and agility that has become the cornerstone of cloud computing.
CloudBolt is the top-rated product in the cloud management platform (CMP) space, a burgeoning and high-demand field. It is an exciting time to be at CB; we just received Series A funding, are being used at more and more organizations around the globe, and are growing all parts of the company rapidly.
We are located in inner SE Portland, easy walking distance from many restaurants, shops, the waterfront of the Willamette river, cafes, bars, and downtown.
Are you ready to join our team?
- Cover letter – share your experience doing the things we’re looking for and the successes you've had along the way
- Resume – what you’ve done and the metrics to show your success
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.