CloudBolt Software (www.cloudbolt.io) is a leader in hybrid cloud automation. We’ve developed the next-generation cloud management and automation platform that is transforming the way system administrators and their users interact with their data centers and access their public and private cloud environments.
Our product has been lauded as the best in the Cloud Management Platform space, and we are focused on enhancing our technology with an aggressive release schedule to keep our Fortune 1000 customers delighted while growing our competitive advantage. We're looking for an engineer that enjoys working with people...helping others to find the best answer quickly and with a smile.
Primary Role & Responsibilities
- Serve as a trusted advisor to our customers, helping them achieve success in an ever-changing hybrid cloud automation landscape.
- Work directly with customers (primarily enterprise IT system administrators, cloud architects, etc.) by phone, web meeting, and in-person, who are excited to learn about CloudBolt and how it can help them improve automation, governance and yield cost-savings for their company.
- Be the “go to” cloud engineering resource for customer interactions that exceed standard systems engineering consulting requirements.
- Collaborate with our team of experts in hybrid cloud deployment at all levels in the customer hierarchy, from technicians to the CIO.
- Stay up-to-date on private and public cloud, IT automation and current customers challenges, so you can serve as a trusted advisor.
- Lead conversations on industry trends and emerging changes in the cloud landscape that every customer needs to be aware of.
- Enjoy presenting new concepts, ideas, and solutions to customers
- Be measured by your ability to grow product expertise, customer rapport, and your ability to produce customer successes
- Use your critical thinking skills to tackle tough problems in an innovative way
- Willingness to travel to client locations up to 50% within your assigned region
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or related technical/work discipline
- Comfortable working with highly distributed teams
- Good understanding of Linux operating system and scripting.
- Ability to perform customer-facing activities in a fast-paced environment with short timeframes
- Experience in writing scripts to automate tasks
- Public cloud expertise in any of the following: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Hypervisor expertise in any of the following: VMware, Nutanix, OpenStack
- Networking expertise: Firewalls, Load Balancers, Cloud-based Virtual Networks, IPAM
- Identity Management: Active Directory, SAML2 and LDAP
- Windows experience
- Python scripting experience strongly preferred