Cloudbakers is looking for smart, energetic, and personable technology business professionals for a System Administrator position. We are looking for someone with a broad range of experience with 2-4 years of relevant experience.
As a key contributor on the Infrastructure practice, you will be responsible for delivering technical solutions for our clients. Your day-to-day tasks could range from writing Terraform scripts to researching storage optimization for SAP deployments. A distinct component of this position will be tailoring infrastructure on the Google Cloud Platform to a client’s specific needs. We take pride in our solution delivery.
Roles and Responsibilities
Our ideal candidate will understand the value of teamwork. We are looking for the right fit with our growing organization and we will invest in training. This is a Chicago based position.
A Cloudbakers System Administrator's responsibilities and duties are as follows:
- Manage multiple concurrent projects from initial communication to project completion
- Configure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Write code to automate system architectures
- Troubleshoot issues with client deployments
- Investigate outages and write documentation
- Have a Google Cloud Certification or willing to achieve one in the first 3 months of employment
- Relevant education or experience, preferred fields are computer science, engineering, or technical project management
- Technical chops - solid understanding of the software development life cycle and web development
- Linux and Windows administration experience
- Experience with networking, VMs, firewalls, and virtualized environments
- Writing infra as code
- Polished communication skills, written and verbal
- Sound presentation skills and ability to tailor presentations to your audience, including C-Level executives
- Support multiple detail oriented projects at a time in a manner complimentary to your team and the company
- Impeccable organizational and follow-up skills
- Demonstrates team working abilities
- Ability and desire to take initiative
- Capability to stay calm and defuse high stake situations
- Capacity to travel to client sites as needed and requested
- Previous Experience with the Google Cloud Platform
- Python, shell scripts or Powershell
- Certifications in a public cloud provider (GCP, AWS, Azure)
Cloudbakers also requires that team members possess the following traits:
- Build trustworthy relationships with our clients and team through integrity and accountability.
- Desire to learn and advance in work and in life.
- Possess a positive, unrelenting, creative approach to problem solving.
- Give and receive constructive criticism for the benefit of all.
- Be Authentic. Be Yourself.
Cloudbakers is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.