At Cloudbakers, we’re a bunch of talentaholics. And we’re always looking for the best and the brightest, the cream of the cloud crop, to round out our crew with passionate personality and plenty of expertise. If our love of the cloud rings true to you, you’ll fit right in with our team of ‘bakers. No matter your position at our company, every one of us is united in our passion for helping transform our clients’ businesses through the latest cloud technology—and have plenty of fun while we do it.
From G Suite to AI, we’ve mastered the latest and greatest of what the cloud has to offer and we’re perfectly comfortable sharing our expertise with others. Thick and thin, good and bad—we’re there through it all. Our reassurance is just one step along the extra mile we go to make cloud implementation a win for our clients. It’s what they know to expect from working with us. If the smiling cloud didn’t give it away, we get a real kick out of what we do. We’re here to put some pep in the cloud migration process, and that feelgood energy gets our clients geeking, too.
G Suite Deployment Engineer
Cloudbakers is looking for smart, energetic, and personable technology professionals for a G Suite Deployment Engineer position. We are looking for someone with a broad range of technical skills and aptitude with 2-5 years of relevant experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
Our ideal candidate will understand the value of teamwork. We are looking for the right fit with our growing organization and we will invest in training for the right individual. This is a Chicago based position.
A Cloudbakers G Suite Deployment Engineer’s responsibilities and duties are as follows:
- Support our clients in a timely manner with passion and integrity
- Provide desktop, server, and SaaS support via email, phone, and in person
- Manage cloud networking services and connect to client networks
- Train our clients’ end users and their technical personnel
- Lead technical discussions with customer executives that drive decisions and implementation
- Perform data entry and data modifications as required
- Implement, lead and monitor G Suite and Google Cloud Platform migrations
- Execute tasks related to SaaS configuration, development and integrations
- Execute tasks required during “lift and shift” operations for clients/projects from on premise hardware to Google Cloud Platform
- Configure and manage Cloud Platform services and APIs
- Anything else that needs to be done that adds value to the business, our clients and your co-workers
- Understand networking fundamentals and common enterprise networking architectures
- Familiar with MS Active Directory, MS Exchange, Powershell, Linux, MDM
- Understand DNS and end-to-end email flow
- Experience with software as a service (SaaS)
- Intermediary to proficient knowledge in using Google Cloud (G Suite and Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with and/or understanding of Office 365, Exchange or SharePoint Online
- Familiarity with IT security practices such as identity and access management, device management and data protection
- Ability to travel to client sites as needed and requested
- This position is highly client facing, candidates will be required to demonstrate strong communication and management skills
Power Boosting Competencies
- Prior G Suite deployment and/or administration experience
- Consulting experience
- Strong technical and/or cloud technology aptitude
Cloudbakers also requires that team members possess the following traits:
- Build trustworthy relationships with our clients and team through integrity and accountability.
- Desire to learn and advance in work and in life.
- Possess a positive, unrelenting, creative approach to problem solving.
- Give and receive constructive criticism for the benefit of all.
- Be Authentic. Be Yourself.
Cloudbakers is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.