At Cloudbakers, we’re a bunch of talentaholics. And we’re always looking for the best and the brightest, the cream of the cloud crop, to round out our crew with passionate personality and plenty of expertise. If our love of the cloud rings true to you, you’ll fit right in with our team of ‘bakers. No matter your position at our company, every one of us is united in our passion for helping transform our clients’ businesses through the latest cloud technology—and have plenty of fun while we do it.
From G Suite to AI, we’ve mastered the latest and greatest of what the cloud has to offer and we’re perfectly comfortable sharing our expertise with others. Thick and thin, good and bad—we’re there through it all. Our reassurance is just one step along the extra mile we go to make cloud implementation a win for our clients. It’s what they know to expect from working with us. If the smiling cloud didn’t give it away, we get a real kick out of what we do. We’re here to put some pep in the cloud migration process, and that feelgood energy gets our clients geeking, too.
Cloudbakers is looking for a bright, energetic and personable Sales Engineer to join our talented team. The experience and skills gained in this role will prove invaluable to those seeking a successful career in Cloud Technology. You will be working within a team of Google Cloud Certified professionals at a Premier Google Cloud Partner. We are looking to grow our practice due to rapid growth both at Cloudbakers and our core partners.
We are looking for someone that has a passion for technology and its application to business. This ‘baker will also have a knack for developing warm relationships, creative problem solving, 4-7 years of relevant experience, and take great pride in the solutions they build to be successful in this multidisciplinary role. We are looking for an accountable life-long learner that will thrive in our collaborative environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
Our ideal candidate will be personable and an effective team player. We are looking for the right fit with our growing organization and will invest in training. This position plays an essential role in the bridge between the sales and delivery teams and is based out of our Chicago office.
A Cloudbakers Sales Engineer’s responsibilities and duties are as follows:
- Advocate and demonstrate the value of our products and service offerings to prospects
- Differentiate Cloudbakers products and services from our competitors by understanding the market and industry intimately
- Design and propose custom cloud based solutions for clients based on your research and their needs
- Prepare demonstrations and proof of concept environments based on client requirements
- Assist sales team with preparedness and delivery of technical presentations and Statements of Work
- Live out our core values by being solution and value focused
- Act as a technical resource for our team by continually bringing value and an innovative mindset to our projects
- Embrace Cloudbakers team mentality by providing our team general support on new products and technology in the market
- Collaborate with key resources including engineers, support, operations, salespeople, marketing and partners.
- Anything else that needs to be done that adds value to the business, our clients and your co-workers
- Prior success in a sales engineer or technical sales role
- Proficient communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to listen perceptively and convey awareness
- Sound presentation skills and ability to tailor presentations to your audience, including C-Level executives
- Impeccable follow-up and organizational skills
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness using creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work through sales obstacles using inventive and adaptive approaches
- Works well in a collaborative and thought diverse community
- Support multiple detail oriented projects at a time in a manner complimentary to your team and the company
- Passionate about personal and professional growth through your own individual contributions
- Ability to travel to client sites as needed and requested
Power Boosting Competencies
- Experience working with SaaS, IaaS & PaaS platforms
- G Suite and Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Microsoft Azure
- Zoho & Copper CRM, Microsoft Dynamics or relevant CRM experience
- Microsoft Office 365, Power BI
- Consulting Experience
- Strong technical and/or Cloud technology aptitude
- Bringing the heat in foosball and ping-pong (or chess, we don’t discriminate)
Cloudbakers also requires that team members possess the following traits:
- Build trustworthy relationships with our clients and team through integrity and accountability.
- Desire to learn and advance in work and in life.
- Possess a positive, unrelenting, creative approach to problem solving.
- Give and receive constructive criticism for the benefit of all.
- Be Authentic. Be Yourself.
Cloudbakers is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.