Cloudbakers is looking for creative, dedicated, and personable technology business professionals for a Solutions Architect position. We are looking for someone with a broad range of technical skills and aptitude with 5-7 years relevant experience.
As a key contributor to the Technical Delivery team, you will be responsible for working cross-functionally to understand architecture needs by multiple business units. To be effective in this position, you must feel comfortable owning the entire architecture development process from inception to completion.
Our ideal candidate will understand the value of teamwork. We are looking for the right fit with our growing organization and we will invest in training. This is a Chicago based position.
A Cloudbakers Solution Architect’s responsibilities and duties are as follows:
- Have a Google Cloud Certification or be willing to earn one in the first 30 days
- Lead large scale architecture initiatives from inception to completion on the Google Cloud Platform
- Design and assist in deploying enterprise applications
- Manage multiple concurrent projects from initial communication to project completions
- Collaborate with business users to create architecture in alignment with business need
- Understand multiple design patterns and architectures and communicate recommendations based on client's needs
- Act as a technical subject matter expert for business users
- Write code to automate system architectures
- Champion the adoption of reusable architecture assets to improve efficiency
- Produce documentation to aid in the understanding of existing architecture solutions
- Relevant education or experience, preferred fields are computer science, engineering, or technical project management
- Technical chops - solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and web development
- Advanced knowledge of leading architecture solutions in the industry area
- Thorough knowledge of Linux and Windows administration and best practices
- Experience working with large scale networks, VPN, and Peering setups. Thorough understanding routing, BGP, DNS.
- Familiarity with Linux command line, shell scripting, Windows command line, Powershell
- Experience using a code repository to track code changes, preferably in a team environment
- Experience designing multi-tier IT architectures for a variety of use cases (web sites, HA databases, batch processing)
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to demonstrate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Collaborate with a team using shared task and project tracking tools
- Comfortable in presentation settings with C-level executive.
- Confidence to clearly articulate information information
- Ability and desire to take initiative and identify gaps in an implementation plan
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Capability to stay calm and defuse high stake situations
- Capacity to travel to client sites as needed and requested
- Google Cloud Certifications or certifications from another public cloud (AWS, Azure)
- Google Cloud Deployment Manager or another resource scripting language (Terraform, Cloud Formation, Azure Resource Manager)
- Previous Experience with the Google Cloud Platform (App Engine, Compute Engine, Datastore)
- Experience setting up and working with CI and CD tools
Cloudbakers Core Traits:
Cloudbakers also requires that team members possess the following traits:
- Build trustworthy relationships with our clients and team through integrity and accountability.
- Desire to learn and advance in work and in life.
- Possess a positive, unrelenting, creative approach to problem solving.
- Give and receive constructive criticism for the benefit of all.
- Be Authentic. Be Yourself.
Cloudbakers is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.