Location: Barking, London (mostly); Shoreditch, London (1 day a week)
Reports to: VP of Operations
Manages: 3 to 4 reports
Warehouse Manager - Responsibilities:
- Manage the Clippings Warehouse operation at the DHL multi-customer warehouse facility at 33 Thames Road, Barking:
- Manage a team of 3 to 4 warehouse operatives (a mix of DHL, agency and Clippings colleagues) in their daily activities, also in their onboarding and ongoing training and development
- Manage and be involved in all Clippings warehouse activities: goods-in and barcoded receipt into warehouse management systems; consolidation and storage in barcoded racking locations; preparation of goods out documentation; pick and preparation of goods for domestic, international, road, sea and air; dispatch and goods-out.
- Work with Clippings post-sales team to plan and prepare orders and projects for dispatch, delivery on time and installation, as per Client requirements. Ensure post-sales team are updated weekly and daily as required for the team to manage Clippings and Client expectations for order and delivery management
- Ensure the flow and statuses of goods are updated systematically, via barcode scans and by correct processes followed on warehouse management and order management systems. Clippings is a tech-driven platform, and all roles in the warehouse require a reasonable proficiency in the use of software applications
- Manage the organisation and utilisation of warehouse space (racked, floor), activity flows, and the optimisation and improvement of these. Quality check at goods-in and out as per guidelines. Focus on care for items that will support Clippings mission to give an excellent end-to-end customer experience
- Manage the resolution of problematic orders, for example where a particular focus is needed to pick, dispatch and deliver to meet Client requirements. Where things have not gone according to plan: review, learn and share learnings in these cases
- Manage stock audits, from time to time, to check and support inventory accuracy
- Manage processes for stock items, also clearance items (with the necessary documentation and uploading of these to site)
- Manage the documentation of the Clippings Operating Model, ensuring that standard operating procedures are kept up to date and useful
- Work with Product Development team to identify improvements to order and inventory management applications.
- Manage performance reporting for the warehouse operation, this to include space and team utilisation and costs, storage charges where chargeable on to clients, item/order/project volumes, workload forecasting, time between received and put-away/dispatched, lost and damaged.
- Contract manage the relationship with DHL, ensuring the smooth running of the Clippings operation on site, and adhering to health and safety best practice. Represent Clippings at monthly meetings to review requirements and performance.
Logistics Manager - Responsibilities:
- Understand Clippings' delivery and installation requirements, including parcel, 1 and 2 man, larger project, domestic, international, road, sea and air. Achieve this by working with and supporting the Customer Success and Project Managers who have delivery and installation requirements.
- Continue to identify the best delivery and installation partners to meet Clippings' requirements. Develop and manage relationships with these partners.
- Negotiate service terms and costs, and open credit accounts with our delivery and installation partners.
- Manage delivery and installation partner performance, this to include delivery on time, lost/damaged, responsiveness and communication with us. Set up and manage review structures to support this. Visit delivery and installation partners, also on-site at delivery and installations, to ensure process and customer experience are as per Clippings’ expectations.
- Ensure adequate documentation, packaging, goods preparation and insurance for shipments.
- Work with the Clippings International Specialist and the Customer Success Managers to ensure international shipments have the correct documentation for export shipments, for example Commercial Invoices and Packing Lists.
- Manage, report on and provide insight into delivery and installation costs. Check and reconcile partner invoices vs costs quoted.
- Develop and continuously update delivery and installation know-how for self and the Clippings team. Recognise gaps in know-how, and fill these by learning from partners and other external stakeholders, and by external training as required.
What we're offering:
- The opportunity to join a world-class team and play a key role in a fast-growing start-up that is revolutionising the design industry.
- The opportunity to grow professionally as the company grows.
- A working environment that offers an exceptional freedom and the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge at an extremely fast pace.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days holiday per year.
Who we are:
- Clippings is using technology to revolutionise the interior design industry. We're the UK's fastest growing source for furniture and lighting, with thousands of interior designers and architects using our platform to manage their projects from inspiration to installation.
- We're disrupting this fragmented industry and completely reimagining the design process. What was once a manual, time-consuming ordeal is now instant, so interior designers can spend more time doing the creative work that this profession is really all about.
- Working here is intense, challenging and rewarding. If you thrive on ambitious goals, constant learning and getting stuck in, we're offering an unrivalled chance to realise your potential in a key role at a fast-paced start-up with global ambitions.