Clippings is completely reimagining the way that interior design projects are designed and procured; over $500bn is spent annually across the globe on furniture & construction materials to create the spaces that we live, work and play in, but the industry is entirely offline, deeply fragmented and hugely inefficient. Interior designers bear the consequence with 70% of their time spent on manual processes such as browsing paper product catalogues, emailing manufacturers to request product information, calling dealers to get quotes, generating thousand row product specification spreadsheets and coordinating deliveries with tens of suppliers for a single project.
Our mission is to become the world’s leading platform to procure interior design projects, using technology to power a superior experience. Interior designers are able to access our marketplace and discover 14m+ products from over 1,000 brands including Steelcase, Herman Miller, HAY & Flos. They can create their product specification and collaborate with their clients, colleagues and our team on platform. They’re able to get instant project pricing and once an order is confirmed, they have fully transparent logistics tracking. We’ve created an end-to-end solution that significantly reduces the time, friction and cost required to create exceptional spaces. Thousands of interior designers including teams designing for WeWork, Amazon, InterContinental, Citroën and Virgin already using our platform to manage their projects, from inspiration to installation.
Our business model resonates with our core customers and has made us the fastest growing company in the commercial furniture industry in the UK, and we have raised $20m in funding from US-based Advanced Venture Partners (Farfetch, Rent the Runway, Vestiaire Collective) and C4 Ventures (founded by former VP of Apple EMEIA).
We're looking for a VP of Sales to join our Executive Team and take ownership of our b2b sales strategy, process and team to achieve our ambitious global growth goals. You will be leading an organisation that includes Sales Development Representatives, Account Managers, Project Managers and Customer Success Managers; owning the customer experience across pre and post sales. You will be collaborating very closely with Product and Marketing to heavily influence and compliment their activities.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Working alongside the CEO to develop and implement sales strategy
- Developing best in class pre and post sales processes
- Training, mentoring your teams, building KPI’s and compensation structures to align with revenue targets
- Growing revenue from existing customer base and defining new channels and segments for growth
- Producing playbooks, entering and developing a customer base in new markets and traveling to support as needed (predominantly North America)
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on performance to the CEO and Executive Team
- Working closely with the Executive Team across functions to ensure that Sales strategy and activity is aligned with overall company goals
What we are looking for
- Someone with a deep understanding of a scalable b2b sales process who has previously built an engine that has driven hyper growth; a proven track record with 10+ years experience in a high growth, b2b tech sales organisation
- Experience in launching a business in new territories would be beneficial
- An ambitious professional who is energetic and motivated for a career defining role in a high growth, venture backed startup that is looking to revolutionise an entire industry
- Education from a top tier institution
- Experience hiring, coaching, and managing Sales teams to achieve ambitious targets
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organisational and communication skills; ability to successfully prioritize and refine tasks
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast paced organisation; willingness to get hands dirty and build from the ground up
- A passion for and/or experience in design, architecture, construction, real estate, furniture or fashion would be beneficial
- We highly value work experience in these areas; ecommerce, retail, high growth startup, SaaS/enterprise sales, investment banking, management consulting
What we're offering
- A rare opportunity to leave your mark by playing a critical role in redefining one of the last remaining $500b+ industries that has such a huge impact on our lives but has not been transformed by technology yet
- The opportunity to work alongside an exceptionally talented team and take leadership in a startup growing 2-3x every year
- A working environment with a strong company culture, that cares deeply about Product, User Experience and believes in the power of design
- Competitive salary and share options package
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality.