Clippings is the fastest growing platform for interior design, offering a new way to source products and manage projects from inspiration to installation. We're using technology to develop smarter streamlined processes that reduce the time, friction and cost required to create exceptional spaces. The company was founded in 2014 by Adel Zakout and Tom Mallory. Clippings is backed by Advance Venture Partners and C4 Ventures, and in 2018 raised a $15.4 million series B round led by Advance Venture Partners.
We're looking for our first Senior Data Engineer to join our world class team, help us develop our platform to the next level and shape the future of the interior industry!
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop, construct, test and maintain data architecture for our product in line with business requirements
- Source, organise and prepare data for analysing, predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Implement machine learning and statistical models
- Uncover hidden patterns in the business using data
- Develop dataset processes for data mining, modeling, and production.
- Improve the different data sources, processing and consolidation of data.
- Participate in the planning phase for how to structure our data architecture and data infrastructure
- Use data to suggest processes and tasks in the organisation to be automated
- Work directly with the application engineers, infrastructure team, data analysts, CTO and VP of Finance
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience as a Data engineer/Analyst or a similar position
- Strong focus on achieving clear and reliable data across the business
- Experience with ETL scripts in languages such as Python or Scala
- Experience with SQL – MySQL & PostgreSQL
- Ability to implement data flows from start to finish on your own
- Initiative for improving processes, automation and implementing new techniques
- Familiarity with cloud services for processing data – data lakes, analytics and ETLs
- Excellent English - speaking and writing
It would be an advantage to have experience with:
- AWS services like Glue, Athena, Redshift
- Machine learning
What we're offering:
- Join a world-class tech team and play a key role in a fast-growing start-up
- Exceptional transparency, freedom and the opportunity to develop your skills/knowledge
- Opportunity to provide feedback and suggestions on what we're building
- Competitive salary & share options
- Flexible working hours
- Top equipment: Apple MacBook Pro, Herman Miller chair
- 25 vacation days
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality.