We are a VC backed weather tech/SaaS start up with over $65 million in funding (with some of it from our own clients). We are doing things no-one in the industry or academia has done before to improve business decisions and impact parts of the world previously without weather data. We do this by using data from unique sources like cellular networks and other data sources to turn it into the most accurate real-time weather product out there (think: it’ll start raining in 17 minutes and stop in 22 right outside your home).
We are looking for an experienced hands-on Controller with a demonstrated history of enabling success at high growth startups. Skilled in Revenue Recognition, NetSuite/Quickbooks, Salesforce.com, SaaS, Payroll, HR, Treasury Management, Internal Controls, Auditing and Taxes.
This person will have the opportunity to work directly with our CFO, and play an important role as we scale and continue to grow rapidly.
What You'll Be Doing
- Own the monthly financial close process.
- Administer payroll
- Coordinate and prepare financial statements
- Revenue Recognition accounting
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Invoicing, purchase orders, and payables and receivables management, including collections
- Managing corporate credit card transactions
- Production of monthly flash report
- Maintenance of cash schedules and cash flow forecast
- Maintenance of Cap Table and associated option grant and stock based compensation accounting
- Manage activities of external providers such as insurance, banking, CPA firm
- Assist in managing the budget and forecasting process
- Assess current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluate accounting and internal controls
- Administer and manage operating systems
- Oversee regulatory reporting, including federal, state and municipality tax compliance (in coordination with external tax firm)
What It Takes
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related discipline
- 7+ years of accounting experience in a software/SaaS business, required
- Experience driving accounting processes, reporting, and systems in support of startup environment
- Demonstrated success collaborating with stakeholders in Finance, Legal, Services and Sales and an ability to continuously improve processes and develop efficiencies.
- Experience in developing and improving financial systems which produce useful operating metrics.
- Advanced quantitative skills with a passion for using data to drive better decision-making
- Strong track record of building and managing successful teams
- Hands-on approach with attention to detail
- Big 4 Audit Experience