At ClimaCell we are changing the way people and businesses are experiencing weather.
ClimaCell creates a Micro weather technology that can sense and forecast weather on a street level, minute by minute, in every corner of the globe.
By doing so, ClimaCell changes people's lives, disrupt existing industries and creates industries that did not exist before.
With customers like Delta, JetBlue, Via, the Patriots, and many others and with $65 million in VC funding, we are on a mission to map all the weather on the globe and become the largest weather tech company in the world.
What you'll be doing
In order to create the best possible weather predictions, we need a LOT of observations that generate a lot of data. Our wireless sensing technology depends on hundreds of thousands of measurements, collected and aggregated, every single minute. Our short-term forecasts rely on having the absolute most recent radar imagery with a measurement for every 1km cell of a region (tens of millions of points for just the US). The list goes on and on. All of that data needs to be ingested, processed, and stored continuously, for every minute of every day.
As a Data Engineer, you will be building the foundation for everything we do at ClimaCell.
- Set up new integrations with external data providers from around the world which often requires detective work, reverse engineering and out of the box thinking
- Build reliable and resilient services
- Write services and utilities that rapidly ensure the quality of the data being received and transforms it into a usable form
- Build data ingestion architecture for post-processing services that will run a pipeline of algorithms that will output scalable and easy to consume weather data to all of our products and APIs
- Help building storage and caching system that facilitates both a deep archive of data that can be explored and fast-moving real-time data that is accessible millions of times a second
Education and Experience
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol, RESTful APIs, SaaS models
- Knowledge of database and NoSQL datastore architectures(MongoDB, Redis,
PostgreSQL or similar)
- Knowledge of distributed architectures
- Knowledge in Python, Node.js, Cloud infrastructure
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with AWS or GCP
- A DevOps mindset, including experience with docker and container orchestration
- Knowledge of other languages, ecosystems, and CI/CD tools
- You’ve been part of an early stage scaling startup before