At ClimaCell we are changing the way people and businesses are experiencing weather.
ClimaCell creates a Micro weather technology that can sense and forecast weather on a street level, minute by minute, in every corner of the globe.
By doing so, ClimaCell changes people's lives, disrupt existing industries and creates industries that did not exist before.
With customers like Delta, JetBlue, Via, the Patriots, and many others and with $65 million in VC funding, we are on a mission to map all the weather on the globe and become the largest weather tech company in the world.
We are looking for an API Software Engineer.
What you'll be doing
Design and build ClimaCell's state of the art Weather API product that will power developers, large enterprises, web and mobile apps all over the globe.
Build a system with a focus on Performance, Scalability and High Availability to support millions of requests per second.
Work on complex, big data problems and learning on the go.
Collaborate with many stakeholders in the company PMs, Engineers, Meteorologists and the development community outside the company.
Education and Experience
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol, RESTful APIs, SaaS models
- Knowledge of database and NoSQL datastore architectures(MongoDB, Redis,
PostgreSQL or similar)
- Knowledge of distributed architectures
- Knowledge in Python, Node.js, Cloud infrastructure
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with AWS or GCP
- A DevOps mindset, including experience with docker and container orchestration.
- Knowledge of other languages, ecosystems, and CI/CD tools
- You’ve been part of an early stage scaling startup before