At ClimaCell we are changing the way people and businesses are experiencing weather.
ClimaCell creates a Micro weather technology that can sense and forecast weather at the street level, minute by minute, in every corner of the globe.
By doing so, ClimaCell changes people's lives, disrupts existing industries and creates industries that did not exist before.
With customers like Delta, JetBlue, Via, the Patriots, and many others and with $70 million in VC funding, we are on a mission to map all the weather on the globe and become the largest weather tech company in the world.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer for our growing team.
What you'll be doing
In order to create the best possible weather predictions, we collect loads of weather observations and models, we ingest them into our system, digest and process them and output historical, realtime and forecast data of all the weather parameters in high resolution. This heavy and complex process outputs a high volume of data, that needs to be cached and served to a high load of customers as API. On top of the API, we have a set of web and mobile applications that bring it all together in an easy to understand fashion that is tailor made to the user.
This high-data-volume \ CPU-intensive \ high-loaded system, is built and supported by top engineers that rapidly push new features to the system. This presents a highly complex and interesting integration, deployment and monitoring challenge.
This is why we need you!
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible to maintain and improve our continuous integration, deployment and monitoring for everything we do at ClimaCell.
- Continuously improve and groom the continuous integration pipeline. Identify bottlenecks and blockers, push to solve them
- Build and maintain the deployment pipeline. Aspire to bring it to “continuous” mode, with zero outages and downtimes, and fully automated
- Set up monitoring tools and frameworks. Create meaningful and accurate monitors and alerts
- Nurture, add and retire tools to support our different processes and environments
- Take part in the development process, from the design. Make sure developments are aligned and fit the deployment and monitoring standards. Finalize and adjust the systems to fit the new requirements
- Support the development teams with issues and problems in the configuration, integration, deployment and monitoring systems
- Handle emergencies related to Infrastructure. Analyze problems after they occur and prevent reoccurence
Education and Experience
- At least 3 years of relevant experience with AWS or GCP
- Vast experience with CI/CD tools and pipelines
- Integrated, maintained and customized Monitoring systems. (Example: New Relic, Data Dog, Prometheus, Nagios, Logz.io, ELK, Coralogix, etc...)
- Worked in an agile environment, with high velocity teams
- Experienced with dockerized environments and deployments (Example: Kubernetes)
- Developed scripts in the leading scripting languages (python, bash, etc...)
Skills we value
- A passion for perfecting dev processes and know how things work behind the scenes
- Continuous improvement as a way of life. And automation as the way of implementing it
- Self learner, and independent
- Used “Infrastructure as a Code” tools to build infrastructures (Example: Terraform, Cloud Formation, etc…)
- Worked as a DevOps engineer of a distributed architecture services that interface via message queues, RPC, or REST interfaces
- Experience with geographical systems and databases
- Experience with high volume data workflows and systems