is a weather technology company that can detect weather nobody else can see, thanks to unique hypersensing technologies developed in-house. We pride ourselves on innovation unheard of in the weather industry. We see everything around us as a potential weather sensor, and we want to repurpose almost anything you can think of into a weather data collection device. With superior data, the best-performing models, and user-friendly products, we’re mapping all of the world’s weather data.
In this highly-visible role, as a technical project manager, you will work in very close collaboration with the technical teams and leaders in the company, as well as with our clients. You’re the bridge between several engineering and science teams across 3 worldwide locations. You help us prioritize between amazing opportunities and align our technical roadmap and capabilities with client needs; most importantly you discover and develop the ways in which our data can help impact them. You directly inform and contribute to the development of our client-facing products and services by bringing a strong technical background, and experience understanding how weather impacts businesses and the potential for better data and forecasts to provide value to our clients.
If you are a hands-on problem solver, a fun and collaborative person who gets along well with others and loves to see results, we want you on our team.
- Top-notch web and mobile applications and a world-class API using many, many different data sources.
- An idea meritocracy - an open mind to any idea, from anyone, on any level, in any part of the organization.
- A team of do-ers and go-getters with a “can- do” attitude.
We move fast. Very fast. Like a cheetah. Or faster. What’s the fastest animal? A peregrine falcon. We move like a peregrine falcon.
- BS degree in Atmospheric Sciences, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- Passion for weather and the ability to quickly ramp up on weather-related technologies (we will test this in the recruiting process!)
- Proven successful technical product/project/program management outcomes from idea to launching programs in multiple contexts throughout your career.
- At least 2+ years of work experience in product development in the private sector.
- Familiarity with Jira or other product management tools
- Familiarity with Agile development principles is a strong plus
- Ability to articulate a vision for integrating weather data into products specialized for client use cases in different industry verticals - this includes the resourcefulness necessary to understand those clients’ business use cases and what data will help their business goals
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to condense and translate complex meteorology/engineering/science details in such a way that non-technical stakeholders can understand them
You might also have:
- BS or advanced degree in atmospheric science or extensive background working in the weather industry (very strong plus)
- Understanding of meteorological data products available from public and private data sources, including their technical underpinnings
- Strong product skills, from both a technical API and user interface design perspective
- Familiarity (at a high level) with how cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Project or Amazon Web Services work and how software is developed and deployed on them
- MBA or equivalent