ClimaCell is a Boston-based weather tech company that provides high-resolution, low-latency weather forecasting tools to businesses and governments worldwide.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will help architect and operate a system for big data processing, data storage, and web and API delivery that is reliable, efficient, scalable, and secure. You will work closely with the algorithm development, data engineering, and frontend engineering teams to improve our current functionality and build on it.
ClimaCell is trying to change how companies, governments, and individuals around the world see and adapt to weather, especially in places where there is little to no weather data currently available. To do that, we need to wrangle a complicated web of data sources, develop blazingly fast algorithms, and make sure that mission-critical data is where the user needs it, reliably.
We're looking for someone who:
- Is highly experienced with Google Cloud Platform
- Is a fearless Linux expert
- Uses CI/Jenkins
- Uses automated provisioning (Terraform) and deployment (Ansible)
- Uses Docker/Kubernetes
- Has an understanding of large-scale data processing platforms (Apache Beam/Google Dataflow, Spark/Google Dataproc)
It would be awesome if you had:
- Startup experience
- Experience with Python and/or Node
- Experience with APIs, caching, load balancing