ClimaCell is revolutionizing weather forecasting by combining Weather-of-Things data -everything from cell tower transmissions to data from airplanes, drones and connected cars -with cutting edge models. The result: forecasts that are hyper accurate, specific, andcustomizable. We call it MicroWeather and we offer this street-by-street, minute-by-minuteaccuracy worldwide. Our customers are companies from weather-sensitive industries (Aviation,Construction, Energy, Outdoor Events etc), companies in the on-demand world, emergingeconomies, and people like you and me who simply don't want to get caught in the rain.
What this job is all about
We want to empower our customers to best utilize the novel tools we provide them, but also help support them with world-class meteorology expertise. You understand weather, you understand operational forecasting, and you understand service. You will master ClimaCell’s technology and product, and serve as the face of ClimaCell with customers all over the world. Bridging these qualities as Customer Success Meteorologist results in ClimaCell being the best source for accurate, timely, and cost efficient weather information.
What it takes
- Love the weather just as much as you love people.
- Experience of 5 years of more in operational forecasting.
- Experience in working with clients.
- Understand the weather/forecasting needs across a spectrum of industries
- Up-to-date with most advanced forecasting tools, products and services.
- Can learn the science behind our data engine and explain its value from an operational standpoint.
- Deep knowledge of available weather data sources, both in the US and abroad.
- Support a diverse customer base.
- Being a team player when it comes to support client needs at weird hours.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, making quick and informative meteorological decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Atmospheric Science or equivalent.
- Relevant Master’s degree - advantage.
- Understanding of front-end software architectures.
- Ability to “deep-dive” into the data behind the forecast and create novel graphics and analyses to help clients.
- Storm chasing is your thing.
- Would love to have someone located in Boston or Boulder, but open to remote workers with the right background