What it’s all about
You are an experienced engineer and hands-on manager who knows how to build solid APIs and backend processes, and you have a passion for scalable high performance architectures. In this role, you’ll report to the VP of Engineering, and will split your time between coding and managing a small team of people on and off-shore. You’ll plan deliveries and be accountable for their timeliness and quality, coordinate design, interfaces, integration and plans with other tech teams. Our product management group will work with you on product requirements and you will also participate in architecture and technology decisions, all the while, nurturing your team members’ creativity and encouraging innovation.
What it takes
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in developing large-scale web applications using cloud services
- Strong backend experience: Node.js
- Understanding of HTTP protocol, RESTful APIs, SaaS models
- Knowledge of database architecture (MongoDB or similar)
- Knowledge of Python is a plus
- Enjoy mentorship and instilling best practices
- Always looking out for new ideas and technologies.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field
- You’ve been part of an early stage scaling startup before