What it’s all about
It’s one thing to solve challenging atmospheric science problems – but we also want to support our customers with our world-class expertise. You’re a double-edged sword; not only do you understand weather, forecasting, and atmospheric science and can communicate it effectively, but you are also technically savvy and can help build/integrate new forecast tools to help our customers. You’re our weather ambassador, helping us deliver the best data and services possible.
What it takes
- Love the weather just as much as you love people.
- Some experience in operational/broadcast meteorology, constructing and communicating forecasts.
- Understand weather/forecasting needs across a spectrum of industries.
- Up-to-date with advanced forecasting tools, products, data, and services from NOAA and beyond.
- Can learn the science behind our analyses and explain their value from an operational standpoint.
- Proficient in writing code to visualize, analyze, and assess weather forecasts and data.
- Being a team player willing to help support client needs at weird hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in Atmospheric Science or equivalent.
- Relevant Master’s degree – an advantage.
- Experience in working with clients.
- Expert Pythonista familiar with the PyData stack (pandas, scikit-learn, dask, etc).
- Familiarity computing on the cloud
- Research/internship experience working with forecast or climate model output.