What is CleverTap?
CleverTap is a SaaS platform focused on mobile-first companies that helps consumer businesses improve user engagement and retention through advanced analytics, predictive segmentation, user experience optimization, and omnichannel campaign orchestration. Global brands such as ESPN, Domino’s, Sony Liv, Fandango, 7-Eleven, GO-JEK, Dream11, Vodafone and Hotstar use CleverTap to offer delightful, personalized experiences to their users.
CleverTap was founded in 2013, and has offices in Mountain View, London, Singapore, Mumbai, Dubai and Bogotá. Our investors include Tiger Global, Sequoia, Accel and Recruit.
What does our Product Marketing team do?
Our team creates all the positioning and messaging for the CleverTap platform and develops content that is shared with various internal and external audiences. We own product go-to-market, partner go-to-market, sales enablement, competitive insights, product communications, product thought leadership and analyst relations. We support revenue growth and demand creation across geographies by effectively working with global teams to launch products, distribute engaging content and communicate consistent positioning.
This role reports into product marketing, which reports into the product organization. The ideal candidate is an exceptional writer, can explain technical details clearly, can create consistency in our documentation and works well independently.
What are we hiring for?
Role: Lead Technical Writer
About the role:
As a Technical Writer at CleverTap, you will own technical documentation writing; this includes writing all user documentation, developer documentation and API documentation.
Our fast-growing B2B Saas company is currently seeking a professional Technical Writer to join our expanding team. The successful applicant will be responsible for creating technical documents and manuals, explain complex information in a clear and concise manner, and work with the product and engineering teams to ensure accuracy of product descriptions.
- Translate technical information into clear, concise, and effective documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
- Produce documentation in a digital library and manage the content online
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, product management and product marketing
- 5 years of technical writing experience
- Experience working with marketing Saas companies a plus
- Experience managing direct reports
- Excellent people and management skills
- Excellent oral, written, analytic, and organizational skills
- Experienced writing conceptual, introductory software documentation for non-technical end users (not just instructional, how-to docs)
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Self-motivated and effective in a fluid environment
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and G-Suite products
- Ability to translate complex technical information and product capabilities for a non-technical audience
- Communication aptitude coupled with an enthusiasm for technical writing and technology
- Passion for creating understandable documentation for complex products
- Strong writing and communication skills with the capacity to create exceptional content and comfortably engage with internal stakeholders
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Extraordinary organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
Reporting: Head of Product Marketing
Location: Mountain View or Seattle
Why join us?
- You are a leader ready for your next challenge
- You want to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where your contribution matters
- You are passionate about technology and technical writing
What is working at CleverTap like?
- Hierarchy is a myth, merit is lauded
- Accountability and driving outcomes is the key to success
- Your career here is limited by you and nothing else
- Teamwork trumps individual success