What is CleverTap?
CleverTap is a SaaS platform that helps consumer businesses improve user engagement & retention through advanced analytics, predictive segmentation, user experience optimisation, and omni-channel campaign orchestration. Global brands such as GO-JEK, Dream11, Vodafone, Hotstar, Fandango, and 7-Eleven use CleverTap to offer delightful, personalized experiences to their users.
CleverTap was founded in 2013, and has offices in San Francisco, London, Singapore, and Mumbai. Our investors include Tiger Global, Sequoia, Accel & Recruit.
What does our Engineering team do?
Our team uses deep computer science to solve problems at internet scale.
Some aspects of the scale we operate at:
- 10 Billion Data points ingested daily (For reference Google searches a day are about 5.6 Billion)
- 35 Million notifications delivered in 1 minute
- 1 Trillion data points stored
- 100 Billion data points scanned within 4 seconds
And all of it happening on a database that has been built in-house!
What are we hiring for?
- If you enjoy designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and improving software
- Can manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Have interest & ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- And can take a First principles approach to problem-solving
Then we are looking for you, to join us in our Mumbai office (Maximum city, probably the only place where autos follow the meter!). If you think you are smart enough, then join us and help us scale CleverTap even higher!
Devops Engineer will :
At least 3 years of experience in the following -
- Deep understanding of filesystem hierarchy for at least one modern GNU+Linux distributions
- Solid understanding of one package management system (yum, dpkg etc) - Must be able to build/recompile packages
- Strong understanding of one GNU+Linux distribution (CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora, Redhat etc)
- Strong understanding of one configuration management system (Puppet or Chef) - Must have contributed to at least one open-source/publicly available Puppet module or Chef cookbook
- Must be able to write code is one programming language (Ruby, PHP or Java)
- Strong understanding of running at least one web server on a JVM (Tomcat, Jetty, Resin) at production scale
- Solid understanding of one role based access control system (SELinux or AppArmor)
- Deep understanding of one open source monitoring system (Nagios, Sensu etc) - Must have setup and managed monitoring end-to-end
- Experience in running servers on AWS at production scale
- Complete understanding of HTTP protocol
- Must be obsessed with metric collection and optimization
Why should you join us?
If you think you are ready for your next challenge & to learn from some of the best engineering minds in the industry
If you want to work on building large scale high performance systems
What is working at CleverTap like?
- Hierarchy is a Myth, Merit is lauded
- Seamlessly shift from coding on your Macbook Pro to discussing "The Alchemist" over a drink
- Collaborate with other teams and beat them later at Table Tennis
- Have a look at our Mumbai office : https://youtu.be/__h4oHjxQJk
- Hear some of our folks speak
- Jacob Joseph, 40 under 40 Data Scientist Award recipient : https://youtu.be/ORJWxUcMECI