What is CleverTap?
CleverTap is a SaaS platform that helps consumer businesses improve user engagement & retention through advanced analytics, predictive segmentation, user experience optimisation, and omni-channel campaign orchestration. Global brands such as GO-JEK, Dream11, Vodafone, Hotstar, Fandango, and 7-Eleven use CleverTap to offer delightful, personalized experiences to their users.
CleverTap was founded in 2013, and has offices in San Francisco, London, Singapore, and Mumbai. Our investors include Tiger Global, Sequoia, Accel & Recruit.
What does our Engineering team do?
Our team uses deep computer science to solve problems at internet scale.
Some aspects of the scale we operate at:
- 10 Billion Data points ingested daily (For reference Google searches a day are about 5.6 Billion)
- 35 Million notifications delivered in 1 minute
- 1 Trillion data points stored
- 100 Billion data points scanned within 4 seconds
And all of it happening on a database that has been built in-house!
What are we hiring for?
- If you enjoy designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and improving software
- Can manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Have interest & ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- And can take a First principles approach to problem-solving
Then we are looking for you, to join us in our Mumbai office (Maximum city, probably the only place where autos follow the meter!). If you think you are smart enough, then join us and help us scale CleverTap even higher!
The Tech Lead will:
- Lead all software development (planning, architecture, implementation), QA and operations to create robust and reliable solutions that deliver against an ambitious product roadmap.
- Lead a team of highly skilled technologists to transform existing front end and back end architecture into a platform that can support a suite of applications and services.
- Participate in business planning and play a key role in designing the product strategy and roadmap
- Collaborate with product team to align business and strategic goals with technology-driven initiatives
- Mentor, grow and attract top talent
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related fields is required but Masters or above is preferred
- 6-8 years of demonstrated success leading teams to architect, develop and maintain complex business web products and mobile applications (IOS/Android)
- 6 years of experience with highly-available and fault-tolerant software into highly
- distributed and scalable cloud-computing environments, with particular emphasis on and knowledge of the Amazon Web Services cloud computing environment
- Proven leadership experience across related technologies for high traffic applications
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate agile product development strategies
- Business strategy and goal-oriented in approach to decision making, prioritisation and performance measurement
- Strong leadership, people management, communication and analytical skills
- Self-driven and tireless in the pursuit of high-quality results in a fast-paced environment
- An understanding of and experience with Mobile Operating Systems, including iOS and
- Android, is a definite plus
Why should you join us?
If you think you are ready for your next challenge & to learn from some of the best engineering minds in the industry
If you want to work on building large scale high performance systems
What is working at CleverTap like?
- Hierarchy is a Myth, Merit is lauded
- Seamlessly shift from coding on your Macbook Pro to discussing "The Alchemist" over a drink
- Collaborate with other teams and beat them later at Table Tennis
- Have a look at our Mumbai office : https://youtu.be/__h4oHjxQJk
Hear some of our folks speak
Jacob Joseph, 40 under 40 Data Scientist Award recipient : https://youtu.be/ORJWxUcMECI